Got a news letter email from MinnPar today,
Just as well, looking up and selling Michigan parts has been a pain in the ass for us. Most of the Michigan parts are only on Fiche or in a book. If Volvo really wanted to sell the parts they should have incorporated the Michigan line in Prosis. Plus the old Michigan fiches cards were all black with white text so if the card got scratched it made the text illegible. Can't wait till we get away from selling Michigan parts.
gggraham could i ask what Prosis is? Sounds like its been a hell of a time with parts for you also. Hopefully parts and everything will get better with this rights transaction. After all, every one of the Michigan loaders are built tough as **** so getting the parts to keep them running should be nice. Glad to hear that parts are becoming more of a focus and hopefully they can be more integrated to the 21st century with everything being put on the web.
Generally when a company does this it's just a way to wash their hands of their old customers who keep coming in and annoying their parts departments with requests for parts for old obsolete machines instead of buying nice shiny new stuff like they should. Along the same line it really bugs me whenever I bring my old Bobcat to the dealer, I have to listen to a lecture about it's too old to repair before they will actually work on it.
Yeah parts issues are always a touchy subject. Mainly because of the moral issue of how long machines should be kept running. Some companies like the ones who make a lot of capital can cycle their machine inventory fairly often so they can sell the old equipment, even if it isnt fully worn out, to some other company. On the other hand, you have companies that dont make as much money as these huge companies and they usually run their machines into the ground because they cant afford to keep buying new machines, or they buy the used machines from those big companies looking to sell the slightly used machines. Either way the smaller companies then need parts more often and sometimes the OEMs dont have the parts because they only make new machines. Its a tough situation =/
Prosis is the Volvo parts system, so far only available to dealers. We have a logon and password to access Volvo parts. I am not sure if they have any parts lists online for customers. But I wish Volvo had put the Michigan machine into Prosis but so far nothing. I know Case is wide open anyone can search online for parts. I think Cat and John Deere you need to log on with a model and serial number.
Ahh gotcha, yeah that would make getting parts a real bee sting for michigan loaders.
Some companies just don't understand yet that it's a big plus for them to have info on line. I've been trying to get some parts information for a Clark forklift (Clark used to own Michigan) but the company has nothing on line other than sales brochures. I hope it's not true but I've just been told that if the dealer sells me a parts book it won't have any real part numbers in it - only the dealers get to know the part numbers, I guess.
Wonder if anyone can help me out I am new to this and am looking for parts for a michigan 75A . any help would be greatly sappreciated, the big thing i am looking for is ( i have been told is called) a charge pump
Need to know S/N of machine, three different pumps, one internal the other 2 external.
Call us here at MinnPar. We do support the machines. Can assist with parts look up. Many parts previously discontinued by Volvo are being re sourced and re produced to OEM specification.
Call MinnPar in Minneapolis for assisance. 800-889-3382
Call MinnPar me here at MinnPar 800-889-3382 will gladly assist with Michigan Parts look up.
stevev, Did you bother going back and reading the original post to this thread? I take it you didn't. I started this thread myself to inform members that Michagan loader parts can be obtained from MinnPar. And since you made three posts in a row asking folks to contact you, I also assume you did not read the "no solicitaion" policy of the forum. You're allowed to make one "introductory" post telling folks who you are and what you do, so let's consider this is your introductory post. If you continue to solicit business on the forum, the mods won't take that lightly.
dont be hard on steve, If I was looking for parts, I would be happy that steve replied,. How is volvo as far as a company to supply reasonable parts for there machines.
replied based on the fact we can assist those un able to look up their parts or having difficulty, to offer assistance to those with questions as some of the response to your original post was not entirely complimentry to the product line. I would hope those in need of parts would purchase through their local dealer. which we can supply to the dealer.
thank you. Volvo does not supply parts to a large number of these machines any longer. As stated in the original post, The product line now belongs to MinnPar. We are here to help
good day, i have a michigan 55b with a detroit 4-71 and i would like to swap the engine for cummins 6bt (dodge 97) i have this engine with only 100 000 miles on it, i love my loader, im retired from the army and ii have time to spend on it, thanks.
I was not being hard on steve fendtman, on the contrary, attempted to do a polite favor for him by informing him of the forum policy which is taken very seriously by the mods. Since steve works for MinnParr, it's very likely he can become a valuable resource for members having difficulty finding parts for their Clark/Michigan machines. But the forum rules still apply, and it would not benefit any member if he were to be banned from the forum for posts that appear to be soliciting.
Hi guys, I run a small business here in Sweden and I have a 1981 Clark Michigan 75B. I really love it and as a machine buff I want to rebuild it during our slow winters. A workshop manual or something similar would really be helpful when working on it but I haven't found one. Is there a workshop manual of some sort to be found out there?
There was no shop manual for the 75B, they made an operators manual that covered basic maintenence and adjustments, and a parts manual. There were seperate manuals for the components, convertor, trans., ETC. mandatory to have a serial number of the machine to get the right information. There are 3 seperate operators manuals for the 75B under different serial numbers. The parts manual has different part numbers for different serial number ranges. It can be confusing. I do have those but they aren't on disc, just paperbacks. I can give you some specs and part numbers and maybe even scan the odd page if you need it, like the electrical wiring diagram.
My machine has number: 443E 222 Are these manuals hard to find items?
Operators # 2944-R1 (Revision 1) Parts Manual for S/N 443A 101 and after. Transmission Model R-28423-503 (modulated) Convertor Model C273. These manuals should be available somewhere, try Google and enquire on this forum. Component manuals may be a little harder to find. Last that I heard Clark Transmission Division was bought out by Hurth.
Thanks oldseabee! At least now I know what I'm looking for
Suggestions, please - Selling $30m worth of parts I am new to this site and am hoping someone here can help. I have 6800 parts (Clark Michigan) worth approx. $30m retail that I want to sell at a significant discount, can you recommend who I should talk to? Or, how you would go about this? Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
I'm a new member posting to get my quota, but I can vouch for Minnpar, I'm currently working on a 275B and they have been able to get most of the parts I needed
Hey Willie59 long time no see .......... Im having problems with Volvo now with a Michigan L120b i still call it a volvo L120b sometimes but anyway calling them and really getting info suckssssssssssss .......... This outdated loader is leaving but before it leaves ive got to fix whats wrong with lift (very slow if it moves at all at idle )and once you rev it up and lift any height it drops 2 feet and stops ...We are buying a new Volvo 180 and i wish the owners could see what im going thur to get help to fix this ....damn shame i have to come here to ask but gosh im glad this site is here
Sorry to hijack this thread but I'm new, met my quota for posting and still can't start a thread, I'm working on a 275B, machine has "0" hyd. press. to the loader, have resealed main ctrl valve, resealed main hyd. pump and found many seals missing especially from the relief, today I backed the pump out of the converter enough to verify that the shaft is turning with the converter, transmission works and steering will wiggle the machine but no loader functions, any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated. JW
Seems I remember a thread you started about that problem TC, could be wrong though. If not, maybe you should start a thread about it. Be patient Jeff W, you have 4 posts in now, you're status will be upgraded. It might help if you log out then log back in, reset the cookies for forum page. In any case, it would be better for you to start a thread about your problem as opposed to having your question buried here in a not related thread. It's possible Lee-Online could give you some info, but he would likely not see your question here.
im not really sure on the 275b but 120b has a pilot pump on right side and follow lines and see where they go (should be a valve body with line going from it to brakes and steering with a servo .. try takeing those apart and cleaning them somthing packing will get in them from blown cylinders
Selling parts Your input is greatly appreciated. In fact, I am in contact with MinnPar as of yesterday and will talk again today about their interest--I'm hoping very interested. Thanks again.
Can someone tell me, in general, what is the mark-up percentage for parts dealers (New and used parts)? I believe it is 30%? Thanks.
Hi mickemalm, If you need genuine part for MICHIGAN 75B, contact Imola Part - Italy www.imolaparts.it Regards
Hello all, Any way anyone can tell me how to go about finding the packing part numbers to repack the boom cylinder on a Michigan Clark 175A? Im not sure how to look. the part number in the book does not bring anything up online.. \