Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark R28000 oil check

Dadam · 2021-12-25 11:30

What’s the correct way to check level on r28000 Clark transmission. It’s in a 45B wheel loader. Is it when hot while running? Cold before start. Hot not running? Can’t seem to find it anywhere. TIA

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2021-12-25 16:22

    Here's a link to an R28000 service manual. On page 40 I found the following: - http://www.tractorparts.com/PDFs/CLARK_TRANS _SVC_R-28000_Series.pdf

  2. #2Dadam2021-12-25 16:58

    Thank you that helps, I guess it would be with engine off. Dan

  3. #3Nige2021-12-25 17:07

    Most transmissions of this type are checked with oil at normal operating temperature, engine idling, transmission in neutral. Hopefully somone else can confirm that for your transmission. EDIT: Actually on Page 38 is the following........ this is for after a tranmission rebuild but I don't see any reason why the same way of measuring oil level should not be used all the time.

  4. #4Dadam2021-12-27 07:36

    Wow, great find! Thank you so much!!