Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clark skidder 666B

Ciggie ยท 2019-02-02 18:14

Has anyone done a engine swap in a 666B clark skidder mine has a 453 Turbo in it but I am having some issues, I found a 471 in an old fire truck with only 23,000 kms on it.. does anyone know if it would link up?

Replies3
  1. #1old-iron-habit2019-02-02 20:24

    The 4-71 maximum RPM is 1800 as far as I know. The 4-53 is normally governed at 2,400 RPM. Assuming you have the Clark transmission I think it would be not turning fast enough to pull decent thru the torque convertor. Might be a different torque convertor option though. Does the bellhousing mate up?

  2. #2Ciggie2019-02-02 20:53

    I havnt decided on the motor yet as I wanted to know if it will work. I have no idea if the bell housing will match up.. Thanks Ciggie

  3. #3Bluox2019-02-02 22:32

    A 4B cummins may be a better match, 4-71 is a 2100 RPM engine and is bigger ,wider ,and longer. Bob