Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What in the world kind of equipment is this!???

Vetech63 · 2019-02-02 16:33

Some kind of roller?

Replies27
  1. #1DMiller2019-02-02 16:38

    You DO NOT want to Know!!! See these primarily in the Downtown less than habitable regions Large metros.

  2. #2crane operator2019-02-02 16:57

    You're just jealous. And I guess I wouldn't be making fun of other people, if I was riding around with a paper hole punch on my dash. I thought you were a mechanic, not a secretary.

  3. #3Delmer2019-02-02 17:06

    Looks like a 97 Grand Marquis, ON CRACK.

  4. #4TVA2019-02-02 18:09

    That one screams: my owner need to get his head examined be a shrink!!! Sorry, but sometimes I get rude and cynical!

  5. #5funwithfuel2019-02-02 19:28

    What a waste of materials

  6. #6Junkyard2019-02-02 19:33

    If you knew what they paid for those.....

  7. #7funwithfuel2019-02-02 19:35

    Its even more detestable when attached to what should be a respectable truck. Instant scrap value. Can't turn, can't take a bump, and certainly can't run. And, no, they don't pay for them. In a round about way, you pay for em. But that's getting close to political so I'll just leave it at that.

  8. #8DIYDAVE2019-02-02 20:13

    Got chased around halfa the brawltimore beltway by one of those, once, a coupla years ago... I hadda certain statue of a certain political figure, in the back of my mazda b2300 4 cyl pickemup truck, ands its little motor was able to outrun it. I believe the correct term for this equipment is a hooptie. My definition of same is an ex police car, ex taxi, with a minimum of half a million miles, bought at auction, fer under $300, then fitted with 5 grand worth of rims and tires, and a blackout illegal tint job... If you wanna see a picture of the statue, you'll have to make your way over to the cinderblock forum, and look at Don, JR's avatar... hooptie Any car that meets the following: a) driver must enter car through passenger side b) three different brand and size tires - 3 of them missing hubcap c) exhaust is held up by half a clothes hanger - other half replaces the antenna d) backfires every three blocks - loudest backfire being when car is turned off e) must open door at drive-threws as windows don't roll down f) you only get one AM station and the tape deck eats all tapes inserted g) can't open the glove box as the whole thing will fall out h) if you let go of steering wheel while driving you'll make a u-turn i) must manually move blinker lever up and down as it no longer blinks on it's own j) must keep one foot on brake and one on accelerator when at a complete stop k) has had the same temporary registration sticker in the window for the last 18 months l) has all the above issues but still has a $200 professional tint job

  9. #9joe--h2019-02-02 20:25

    Hard to park too.

  10. #10DIYDAVE2019-02-02 20:31

    Usually parked diagonally X 2 handicapped spaces!...

  11. #11Welder Dave2019-02-02 22:16

    That's a high performance machine... look at the extra large air opening in the grill to feed the turbo.

  12. #12td25c2019-02-02 23:03

    I thought it was some kind of tier something hybrid model .

  13. #13Crummy2019-02-02 23:03

    Kinda looks like the units they use at the coffee hut for the "Buy 6 get one free" punch cards. Barista is honest work, no disrespect a guys gotta do what a guys gotta do.

  14. #14Birken Vogt2019-02-03 00:41

    I carry one on the truck. It is very useful for making gaskets from a roll of material, much more handy than a razor blade. I have never used it to punch a hole in paper.

  15. #15StanRUS2019-02-03 02:44

    Re-cycled beer cans, LOL

  16. #16Mother Deuce2019-02-03 05:47

    I have those rubber band tires on the GTI. However it is a crummy that will run a buck and half or so, it comes stock with high speed rubber band tires. Some place other then New England that actually has a pothole maintenance program they are probably perfectly viable. in October of 17' I purchased 4 new studded Hakapillita 9's for the winter by the time April rolled around I had purchased a total of 7 at 250 a throw. Leaving the house at 4 AM and traveling in the dark 90 miles contributed to the loss as the chuckholes are usually in shadow in the lights. My commute is shorter, therefore a little less in the dark this winter. This year has been better...so far! Somebody above said it wouldn't take a bump... what a huge understatement that is!

  17. #17crane operator2019-02-03 08:18

    I see you've driven my vehicles.

  18. #18cuttin edge2019-02-03 08:25

    My father was a mechanic for almost 50 years. He had a hole punch for punching the date out on safety stickers

  19. #19Vetech632019-02-03 08:27

    That's a gasket paper gripper.

  20. #20Crummy2019-02-03 09:44

    If it had an oil burner in it no muffler to an 8-10" stack straight up through the trunk(bed?) and a shifter that almost touches the roof, then it would be cool.

  21. #21thepumpguysc2019-02-03 14:27

    Theres a fella down here who did it to a new Camaro.. Dumbest lookin thing u ever saw.. AND its YELLOW.!! Kinda screams> "hey, look how stupid I am".. I watched him TRY to make a left hand turn & he used 4 lanes.. the wheels looked like they only moved 1/4" before they hit the wheel wells..

  22. #22TVA2019-02-03 14:52

    Hi! Haven’t been here for a while, how’s your finger? I cut mine on the chop saw about the same time when you hurt yours!

  23. #23funwithfuel2019-02-03 21:23

    Here's one I just lifted off another site. It's a Chevy, so ... no big loss.

  24. #24_Weldman_2019-02-04 01:28

    Don't need a car lift to do any oil changes underneath or any maintenance... Probably lives in a cotton shack too.

  25. #25rondig2019-02-04 02:07

    Made in mexico....lol

  26. #26DIYDAVE2019-02-04 06:44

    Just remembered something... Big wheel cars are called donks. Add donk wheels to a hooptie, and you get a hooptie donk, 2X the street cred, bro!

  27. #27Vetech632019-02-04 06:49

    This is a classic "lipstick on a pig" scenario.