Here's an old girl, my favourite elevating scraper, with supension! Hope she goes to a good home & not parted out
Found one here again Spotted this ol girl laying in a puddle with deflated/US tyre on a taildrain road of a cotton farm. Checked the ID, was one of the pair I operated 30 years ago. It's had a repower with a later model cummins engine (ex Steiger tractor by the looks) Put a new tyre on & she'd be off to work once more
Some more The other side. The open cab wasn't an ideal place to be if a hose blew Steering rams in the opposite postion to my 101F Wabco. The cab looks a bit bare without the huge ROPS in the factory pic I'll try to take pic of the suspension set up next week, when I go past again.
It doesn't apear to be in bad shape, but is that a lake of oil forming underneath the rear in your last pic? Just an old dinosaur, slowing sinking into the tar pits. Alan
Ooh, you got me Alan A bit harsh It's just like an old Triumph or Norton, marking its' place, or you could say "when the oil leak stops, its' out of oil" That's harsh
I acculy went to factory school on those in about 81 they were origanly hancock before mishigan bought them out.
The clark 110 HT was the fun one when the front and rear transmission wouldn't go in the same gear. The solenoids would stick or quit. or someone wired them up wrong.
Hancock then Michigan Thanks, interesring to know some of the 'takeover history of equipment Co's 'Alan627b' had a pic of a 'Hancock elevator' about the size of a 210. No wonder I never saw that brand (apart from the bowl) out here Morgan Equipment were the Clark distributors out here in the 80's. Does anyone know were the previous dealers in Australia before Morgans ?
Clark had a few changes while I was there. Clark Equipment Co, VME (Volvo Michigan Euclid), now is Volvo Construction Machinery. The rest of Clark Equipment was bought by Ingersoll Rand. The Scraper plant in Lubbock, texas also built Scrapers for Terex, same rear but different power train.
Terrex/Clark/Michigan A previous employer told me he went to the scraper plant once in the 80's I think, (he purchaced seven 110-15Bs, several of which I operated) said as machines came out of one section, if they turned left they were Terrex if they turned right they were Clark. Sounded like a good story (to a 20yr old at the time that is )