Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cleaning epoxy/caulking on undercarriage

southernman13 ยท 2015-02-10 17:35

Recently got a SK250LC It was from a rental yard and it has a caulking like material or epoxy like. It's not hard hard it's a little pliable. Any way I hit it with a 0dgree tip and it don't do much. Any thoughts or suggestions on how to remove it? Short of scraping and beating on it I dont see how to do it. Looks like it was in a deep pile of it somewhere I can't figure it out. Would like to be able to dissolve it somehow.

Replies3
  1. #1nowing752015-02-10 18:19

    I have used a phenolic scraper in an air hammer before. Mek works well just be carful as that stuff is nasty.

  2. #2nowing752015-02-10 18:24

    http://bcwengineering.com/product/phenolic-scraper-for-pneumatic-gun-bcw-pn-41001-01-a/

  3. #3southernman132015-02-10 18:27

    Thanks for the info. I was thinking of laquer thinner but I forgot about MEK it may work better. I'll givie it a try tomorrow