Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Link Belt LX 160 Final Drive Help

theironoracle ยท 2015-02-09 19:29

I have disassembled this final drive to replace the bearings and the seals. I built this 9" spanner socket to torque the main bearings down but i now i need the procedure for doing so. Can anyone P.M. me this portion of the shop manual? or give enough explanation so i don't have a failure? thanks, TIO

Replies4
  1. #1theironoracle2015-02-10 14:12

    Bump! Someone fixed my pics thanks! I am desperate needing reassembly instructions. For any machine with a retainer nut in a final drive like this thanks......TIO

  2. #2finaldrive2015-02-10 15:20

    your inbox is full.

  3. #3theironoracle2015-02-10 19:51

    finaldrive, Inbox is now empty. The dealer finally came through for me. They had to get the info from the factory they have never had one apart like this. Funny thing when i look at the this post with my phone the pictures are correct, when I look at them on a lap-top they are all janky! I was told multiple times today that i must take this thing off the machine and assemble it vertically that i will never get it together without ruining the seals if I do it horizontally, any ideas?......TIO

  4. #4lantraxco2015-02-10 22:15

    Don't know what would be different about this machine, I have done finals in the field with success. Anything odd about the floating seal setup on this one?