Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cleaning tracks on a mini

smalltime ยท 2007-01-11 18:17

I have a hard time getting a spade shovel in to clean the tracks on my 430. I used a small masons trowel yesterday & it worked very well. Just thought I would pass that on incase anyone else has the same problem.

Replies10
  1. #12004F5502007-01-11 19:16

    I've got one of those garden shovels, works great on the 435.

  2. #2haF.AST2007-01-11 20:08

    I use a small flat prybar

  3. #3Wulf2007-01-11 20:16

    Operators cleaning out their tracks... now there's a great idea. Let's hope it catches on

  4. #4Countryboy2007-01-11 20:23

    :laugh I guess an excuse not to clean would be the extra weight adds to traction. Thats gotta be a good 5 tons or more...

  5. #52004F5502007-01-11 20:29

    wow

  6. #6dayexco2007-01-11 20:36

    fire truck

  7. #7tylermckee2007-01-11 23:28

    I use a scraper that some concrete guys left laying around. Just a scraper, about 8" wide on a wood handle like a shovel, works great.

  8. #8coopers2007-01-12 20:48

    The quickest and easiest way I used was a pressure washer with the red 'zero' tip on it, gets it clean fast! That's if you're not on site but back home. Blake WA

  9. #9JimBruce422007-01-12 20:55

    track shovels We have what we call track shovels, though I think they are actually called "drain spades". They are narrower than most shovels and have a shorter handle, which makes it a lot easier. I for one always shovel my tracks, when running a tracked machine, or help my fellow operator if I'm not :notworthy :wink2

  10. #10mflah872007-01-12 21:22

    razorback makes a mini shovel try that