Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clearing a fence line with a JD 2010 and a 175B

john_au ยท 2014-01-09 03:53

Just thought I would put this up as you spend a lot of time repairing them sorry about the camera work hard to drive and hold a camera but I think you get the idea enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1NuPiEBGSM

Replies5
  1. #1ValleyFirewood2014-01-09 04:51

    Do you guys not have a bush hog to keep the fields trimmed? Gonna die of old age by the time your done!!

  2. #2Scrub Puller2014-01-09 06:30

    Yair . . . john_au . I know it is always a case of using the machine you have but mate, that would drive me crazy. No doubt track loaders have their place . . . but it sure isn't clearing fence lines. Cheers.

  3. #3td25c2014-01-09 18:51

    Interesting tool you made to remove the gorse from the fence line john_au . Looks like it gets the job done well. Man that stuff looks thick as hair on a dogs back. I understand it is very invasive. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorse#Invasive_Species The 175 sure sounds good. Do you sharpen the pusher/cutter tool?

  4. #4stumpjumper832014-01-09 20:30

    that pusher tool needs to be on something that's easier to see and more nimble, like a skid loader or ctl, but your accomplishing the goal!

  5. #5ttazzman2014-01-24 03:36

    round here we spray the existing fence lines ...can do miles in a day......in a couple of weeks its clear.....