Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rolling A-frame hoists for trucks frames

DMiller ยท 2014-01-08 11:57

Anyone here use a A-frame to roll off a complete truck assembly for performing work on their finals? I am considering going this route rather than hacking up the rear support area and trying to weld it back effectively and sufficiently on my old Allis loader. Will probably require building a assembly a little more than I will need to get multiple uses from it.

Replies3
  1. #1overworked2014-01-08 17:05

    Could you please rephrase that question?

  2. #2td25c2014-01-08 19:17

    I think I understand. Don't cut the track frame DMiller to get to the finals. You need to bust the track & lay both ends on the ground. Then unbolt the track frame from the machine. What I have done in the past when working on the final on my HD16 is leave the track frame sit on the rails and jack & crib up the one side rocking the tractor up enough to remove the sprocket & final. However you do it use plenty of good cribbing & work safe DMiller

  3. #3DMiller2014-01-08 20:07

    That is my plan td25c. Had planned only on raising the machine to clear the attachment points then use the hoist to retain the geometry of the truck frame(heavy to inside) and roll it forward to clear the final. The other option is the set a bolting jig, cut the frame at the final and pull the assembly then align, weld and hopefully maintain square on the returned partial truck frame. Mine is a HD7G, a little more complex than the 16 but not near as heavy. Not that I don't have extra equipment but my farm tractor isn't sharp/strong enough to maintain the truck frame and move it away.