Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clearing Snow in Charlotte, NC

Motor Grader ยท 2009-03-02 11:18

OK, so I know some of you plow more snow in a day than we get in Charlotte in 10 years. So since its so hard to come by I had to post these pics of the first C110C production unit out clearing the drive here at the factory. Oh yea...thats my Dad...boss...owner of Champion doing the operating. Enjoy.

Replies8
  1. #195zIV2009-03-02 11:23

    Why are the front tires on backward?

  2. #2JDMGrading2009-03-02 11:36

    Thats some quick posting...Had to of been this morning.

  3. #3Motor Grader2009-03-02 11:44

    You have to be quick here in Charlotte. Snow here today and gone tomorrow.

  4. #4millertime7782009-03-02 11:44

    They put the front tires on backwards on machines that are not all wheel drive to aid in steering, breaking and traction.

  5. #5qball2009-03-02 16:49

    that's a sweet little grader. ideal for parking lots and around town.

  6. #6JDMGrading2009-03-02 18:52

    I was checking out your 86c at ASC equipment and I must say i'm quite impressed. Quick question...whats the operating weight of that 110?

  7. #7bill onthehill2009-03-03 19:26

    I spent sunday night up in mooresville by lake norman. went to leave monday morning and all I can say is N.C.D.O.T could have used a bunch of them on I-77. Most wrecks I have seen in a lot of years till I got to the Virginia line. The slush they didn't get off was froze on about 3/4 inch thick and people were sliding everywhere. Only saw 3 DOT trucks in about 40 miles and no graders. The truck plows were just bouncing along and not cutting the ice. Was glad to get to virginia where the roads were mostly bare.

  8. #8Motor Grader2009-03-05 09:38

    23,500 pounds standard which includes full cab,ac,heat, on 13x24 rubber. Pics shown here are 15.5 x 25 rubber which looks way more aggressive. We have a spec sheet on the website. If you go to our homepage there is a "Main Event" link that takes you to the C110 info. If you ever want tocome by the factory then drop me a message. Thanks