Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clutch and power shuttle do not work

rob.duncan ยท 2015-06-13 21:06

I am new to posting, so, please be easy on me. I have a 580ck series B. I can start it and use the loader and backhoe. I can **** it into gear when the power shuttle is in neutral, but if I try to move the power shuttle into the forward or reverse position it just grinds. It grinds wether or not I have the clutch depressed. If I begin to force it into gear the backhoe starts to move forward even when the clutch is pressed, so, the clutch doesn't seem to be disengaging the transmission. I checked the dip stick for the power shuttle and it was low so I added hydraulic fluid to the proper level and that did not help. I checked the dip stick for the transmission and it is over full. I am not sure what to do. Any ideas?

Replies1
  1. #1rob.duncan2015-06-14 14:03

    Sorry. I think I posted this in the wrong forum. I have reposted in a more appropriate forum, but I don't know how to delete this thread.