Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Clutch oil specs?

jvenables ยท 2019-02-12 07:40

Hi all. I only visit here occasionally but it's time to post a question. I live in Laos and have a little Furukawa CD5B dozer. I have always had a mechanic do the servicing but I need to change the oils myself and I am stumped: the lubrication chart calls for "clutch oil" but I have no idea what this is and Google isn't being my friend! Can someone advise what spec oil I am supposed to use in this instance? Is it something like automatic transmission fluid? I have already purchased sufficient stocks of engine and gear oils but this "clutch oil" just has me bamboozled! Thanks in advance, James.

Replies2
  1. #1Furukawa Five2022-01-19 18:58

    Hi; a really quick questions for... My Furukawa CT5 needs a new universal joints between clutch housing and final drive assemblies... do you maybe have access to parts? Thanks

  2. #2JimInOz2022-01-20 17:49

    James, The similar Mitsubishi BD2F crawler calls for CD grade SAE10W ENGINE OIL in the Direct Drive clutch. This is 40 year old information. Hitachi dealers used to help a little with Furukawa parts,but are not interested now.