Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cmi rs500

steed6557 ยท 2013-03-27 08:25

We just bought this machine and it goes through carbide bullet teeth very quickly, does anyone make diamond tip teeth for this machine. Also, it uses a 8v1400 belt for the drum drive, it is going through one of these a week. The belt pulley has 6 inches of adjustment on it but the belt only allows for two inches of adjustment. A smaller 8v1320 belt is too small, does anyone know of a manufacturer that can supply a belt at say 1360? Finally, I have been trying to get parts and service manuals for this machine, local dealer here is next to useless, Terex won't help so if you know a dealer that likes to do business in country then please advise, thanks.

Replies5
  1. #1Yetiologist2013-04-05 12:31

    What type of teeth are using on this machine?? Are they breaking, shattering tips, throwing carbides or is it just wearing or washing them out? I might have a solution to your problem so send me an email if it is convenient.

  2. #2milling_drum2013-04-05 12:45

    now THAT is a great name! hahaha

  3. #3Yetiologist2013-04-05 12:53

    Especially when you know the origin. How goes it? I thought I had better join to make sure I keep up on the goings on around here.

  4. #4csx70062013-04-21 04:53

    Bomag now owns the CMI soil stabilizer line... I am surprised about that...

  5. #5laycobeau2013-07-08 17:01

    I can repair the micro controller for you if it goes bad. you can down load the manual from cmi/terex web site. if not e-mail me and i will send you a link. Beau Bowlan lei-corp.com