Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CMP wiring question

Timber63 ยท 2023-07-05 11:27

I have a 2001 International 4700 with a dt466e. The belt shredded the other day and took the CMP sensor harness connector with it. So now I have three cut wires. I ordered a new connector to replace and it has three wires attached. My question is this, in what order does the three existing three wires hook up to the new connector?

Replies7
  1. #1Cmark2023-07-06 01:30

    Does this help?

  2. #2Timber632023-07-10 11:19

    Thank you. The wires on the engine side are not color coded. Is that something that can be checked with a multi meter? I think there is a ground, voltage supply and the third sends signal back to the ecm? Please correct me if I am wrong on this. Thanks

  3. #3nowing752023-07-10 12:01

    Yes should be ground,5 volt reference could also be other voltage and signal. You might have voltage on the signal side if its a pull down circuit i believe.

  4. #4Timber632023-07-17 08:44

    I picked up the sensor harness connector. Testing the three wires on the engine side with a multi meter, I found the ground but the other two wires are showing five volts each. How would I determine the voltage supply vs the return? Thanks again for your help.

  5. #5nowing752023-07-17 11:51

    i belive if you hook up the sensor it might lose the signal side voltage. but cant remember for sure

  6. #6nowing752023-07-17 11:59

    You can put a test light preferable a led and the ref volt should stay 5 and the signal wire will pull down to 0.

  7. #7Timber632023-07-17 16:25

    Thanks so much for the help, I was able to get it wired and running.