Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere Part Number Prefixes

Birken Vogt · 2023-07-03 02:12

Just wondering if there is anything to be learned from JD part numbers. More common parts like filters, gaskets, sometimes alternators start with RE or sometimes R. A fuel injection pump reman started with SE. Part of a HPCR pump started with DZ. Any rhyme or reason to this?

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612023-07-03 06:25

    This is a question for @Diesel Dave to answer. All I can tell you is anything starting with an "SE" is a remanufactured part.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2023-07-03 23:05

    Apart from SE numbers, I never did figure out the Deere parts number system. DZ prefixes replaced a LOT of old familiar numbers to learn all over again …eye roll .

  3. #3Birken Vogt2023-07-04 01:45

    Thanks. I guess I figured those letters and numbers looked like they should mean something. Any rhyme or reason to engine serial numbers and model numbers as well? I learned somewhere that TF in a model number is regular turbo, HF is TA, came across one the other day that was just a T. And they also have different serial prefixes, are they kind of like Cat that it means general arrangement?

  4. #4mg23612023-07-04 05:39

    I have the answer to the engine s/n's. Check your messages.

  5. #5Birken Vogt2023-07-04 10:53

    Thanks for that - it is not exactly a complete explanation of all the years/possibilities but it gets me most of what I think I need to determine patterns and such.