Forum administrator: You saw fit to cancel a thread late last year regarding a Houston firm that was accused of deceptive practices (Advantek being the latest operating name of this company). I'm glad you left some of the historical postings on the forum because I was able to find the thread last week as I was seeking background info on Advantek. The experience we had last week with this firm is EXACTLY like the problems that were reported by others. They are holding our part hostage, claiming to have done $3,700 in repairs PRIOR to us authorizing the work. We're going to buy a new replacement part for our CNC lathe for $1,400 instead of paying Advantak's ransom. I'm not convinced they've even made the repair properly! Lessons we've learned: Deal only with local repair companies as often as possible Ask for commercial references from any company that we haven't used in the past Search H.E.F. to see if there are any reports on the company before moving forward I'd be happy to provide backup proof that this really happened to us in case there's any question from an administrator or forum member. Regards, Jeff Hale, PCT International
This posting is EXACTLY like the series of posts that got the thread locked last time. Lesson you haven't learned - this is a heavy equipment forum, so Why do you suppose anyone is interested in what appears to be your personal vendetta?
Because thread locking still leaves it for all to read.... including Google. Just using this forum to up their Google score.