Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Code on 299D3 XE

Metalman 55 ยท 2026-01-31 11:51

My 299 ser # BX905959 is throwing a code & it has something to do with the exhaust. It sends the machine into a reduced power mode. It under warranty, but I wanted to ask if anyone can decipher it or if others have had this fault code? It's a low hr machine & the weather is cold here, perhaps the cold has something to do with it?

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2026-01-31 11:55

    I would doubt it. You need to get it looked at pronto.

  2. #2Metalman 552026-01-31 12:08

    Luckily I opted for the extended warranty!

  3. #3Nige2026-01-31 12:23

    Could be nothing more than a bad sensor but right now I can't get into somewhere to look for diagnostic/troubleshoting information.

  4. #4Metalman 552026-01-31 13:01

    Thanks for your help Nige!

  5. #5Nige2026-01-31 14:48

    Maybe the attached might give you some guidance.

  6. #6Metalman 552026-02-02 16:32

    Thanks! I had the machine out today & the fault didn't repeat! Such is technology I guess?

  7. #7Metalman 552026-02-07 16:44

    Was on the machine again today & nothing seems amiss now. Musta been a fluky occurrence? The Cat tech was out around mid week & was checking things out & is planning to get back to me.