i have a 279D with flashing amber and audible warning. SN#CAT0279DJGTL03153 This is a tier 4 interim. it has no DEF. I don't have any codes. What are the triggers for flashing/audible warning light?
which light is flashing.? I take it you don’t have an Operation & Maintenance Manual.? You should really consider getting one. Search for Cat Publication reference SEBU9084.
3 is flashing. Operation manual is very vague on level 3 driver alert. It is a 3.3 tier 4 interim with 2000 hrs on it. I'm using a x431 pro scanner and have fixed everything line by line. Now it has no codes and still had alert. Used obdII/HD plarform instead of CAT software on Launch scanner expecting ghost codes. Computer was hiding a code that didn't show up under the CAT software. It was a a 132-1 code (MAF) working but reading wrong. Replaced Air flow sensor and problem is gone. Are some codes hidden or proprietary to CAT ET software?
It was the generic obdII/HD offload application.
That finally showed up the code flagging air flow discrepancy.
Can you confirm that all 18 warning lights illuminate during the panel self-test when you first turn the Key ON.? Generally if the Operator Alert is flashing at least one of the other Alert Indicators will also be lit up. Does the panel in the upper RH corner of the cab have one gauge or two.? Not AFAIK, but I wouldn't guarantee that anything other than ET will show up all the Codes that may be present on a machine. YMMV.
I will have to look.
Marc you are in good hands with Nige. My only input on this topic is all 279D's are non DEF due to being under the HP requirement and follow whatever advice Nige gives you. Good luck!
Thanks