Do they exist? I've always had a reader for my vehicles, but have never thought about one for my New Holland. Is there such a thing, and if so, would they break the bank? Seems they could come in handy with these complex machines.
So I take it there is no readers for these machines. Diagnosing must be a nightmare.
We Covered that on another thread, only it was us Ranting about Bcat and their so called top secret Readers …… so I don't see why it would be any different with other brands either …….. I guess if you wanted to invest (or loose …. lol) in a Dealership franchise then you could have a reader …… Don't know *** they are so afraid of especially if the machines are out of warranty …… NO MATTER WHAT they think it is ! … "NOT"... creating Job Security, it only makes us want to fix our own stuff more AND buy our parts from anyone but a Dealer !!! OK ……I've covered this weeks RANT !!! ….so now it's some one else's turn … LOL
Humm, so it's one of those deals, huh? Well, I decided a long time ago, before I bought my machine, that I was going to have to fix anything that came up. I am NOT going to trailer that heavy bastage all the way into town for them to keep for weeks or months on end. No way, no sir! And as far as parts, I have ordered a manual and a harness (which I haven't picked up yet). If getting into parts that are out there into orbit territory, I will search for cheaper alternatives, online or whatever. I will NOT be taken by a dealer. I will say this: With all of the big talk coming out of my mouth, I will be relying HEAVILY on this forum to help me diagnose any upcoming repairs. I sure hope I haven't alienated anyone. :tong
Also, sorry for bringing something up that has already been talked about. I guess I should have used the search function. I apologize.
No Apologies Needed !!! …….. We've all been known to ask these things …. I figure if WE ALL keep stirring the Pot sooner or later there will be a company that'll create these readers we seek ……. no different than a programer that boosts diesel performance or the OBD readers available for other vehicles. That's WHY WE are all Here !!! …. trying to be an associated Helping Community !!! ….. sooner or later we do find the answers we are looking for !!! Cheers Grit !
He was ranting about dealer tools not you lol. The older NH machines flashed the codes up on the instrument panel. There were only a few they had programmed into them.
My older Hybrid did not flash anything, but my Bcat has a mode that will give some diagnostics … and as you say durally "only a few" ….. It still is not enough info to give a more precise diag …… probably an intensional measure by the OEM's to Lure you into the dealership ….. Grit : I was reading your previous posts here ….. this problem you are having is NOT new to these machines ….. the issues you found to be having are exactly what started to lead me to trade the 8875 off on the Bcat I have t'day … I started to have one electrical issue after another, but I was blaming more so the JD part of things on the NH chassis …. I had to laugh when you posted how to start the machine when it appeared that the seat-belt switch was faulty (but not at YOU …only the memories of mine) ….. the seat belt switch at a NH dealer was over $400 complete, that was back in '02 when it started to give me issues, it only had 1600hrs on the clock ….. durally mentioned the "Run/Service" switch …. it was up on the right side, a rocker switch … I had to get in, put it into service mode, start-up, lift my butt off of the seat, switch back to run, sit down, close the belt and go "EVERY FRIGG'N TIME" for the next 4 yrs …. there was No-Way I was going to pay those stupid prices, then to find out that the seat sensor's were screwed too ……. I Hope for your sake this is not the beginning of a NH nightmare !
Well, they traded it off for some reason (with less than 800hrs on it). It might be because of that nit-pickin' stuff. Hopefully nothing more.
FWIW there is no std software (like ODBII) used on any const eq that i know of. every OEM has their own idea of how to make things work. sucks for the guy trying to repair his own machine, or an independant repair shop. diagnostics are possible if you understand how the electrical system "works" especially sensor voltages. the OEM software speeds up the diagnostic process :drinkup
Thanks, crewchief. Maybe I need to go get a job at a New Holland dealership. :crazy
I think it may be awhile before they standardize it, the trucking industry just went to OBDII recently. Its been on cars since 96. Most skid steers up until recently were pretty simple machines so if you have a repair manual you can figure a lot of it out.
I guess where a lot of the conversations were heading, (including another thread asking if there was a reader available), was to be able to obtain a reader for a particular brand and not the whole industry …… in a perfect world for guys like crewchief, willi, bobcatdan, etc. the guys out there that repair everyday independent of dealerships …. would be awesome ……. but for guys like me or the OP or fleet owners who employ full time mechanics servicing ONLY their units, to be able to BUY the program for our individual product is not even a MAYBE ! ……It's just Frigg'n NO-WAY ! ….too bad so sad ! JMHO …. cheers !