Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Codes error d5k

rdmtt ยท 2021-09-02 08:53

can someone tell me a possible problem and solution for these errors. injectors were changed and valve adjustment was made, we erased all machine errors. after that he walked 50 meters and these errors appeared. the machine has no problem, no loss of rotation, working normally.

Replies14
  1. #1Nige2021-09-02 09:40

    3624168 is the Part Number of the software installed in the Machine ECM. (This Part Number of software is NOT used on a D5K2 S/N prefix ***) 036 100-03 is an engine oil pressure sensor fault. 036 1-07 is a fault with #1 fuel injector. 036 E360-3 is low engine oil pressure. I think if you solve the 100-03 fault then the E360 should disappear. Troubleshooting procedures for all three Codes are attached. One interesting thing. All the Codes relate to a D5K tractor of S/N prefix ***. If I search for D5K2 S/N prefix *** I do not find any of them. Maybe another piece of evidence that your machine could actually be D5K S/N ********. We talked about this in your previsoue thread.

  2. #2rdmtt2021-09-02 09:49

    yes, he is ********. year 2011. by the instrument panel you can see, since 2014+ the instrument panel is different. I erased all the errors from the machine as soon as I changed the injectors, how can it be accusing 036 1-07? the ECU was analyzed and has no communication problems, new factory injectors, could it be an old error?

  3. #3Vetech632021-09-02 09:57

    Remand or new injectors?

  4. #4rdmtt2021-09-02 10:08

    is reman by caterpillar.

  5. #5John C.2021-09-02 10:12

    I would just erase them again and try it again. In my experience, the engine oil pressure alarm comes on every time the engine oil is changed.

  6. #6rdmtt2021-09-02 10:20

    Yesterday when we started the engine, the yellow light came on, we checked on et3 and it says about this pressure sensor. Then we noticed that the sensor was having trouble staying plugged in, the rubber of the plug was dry. So we find a way and we manage to solve it. We erased the error and it didn't appear again. After the machine traveled about 50 meters the RED light started blinking and we stopped the machine. Today the operator took the test, removed the pressure sensor, the yellow light came on, put the sensor back in place, the red light came on. and yes, we changed the oil and filters this week while the machine was out of injectors.

  7. #7Vetech632021-09-02 10:23

    Not that this is part of your problem but Cat remand injectors have a 30% + failure rate. It got so bad for me being a service tech I refuse to use them. I have had some fail within the first hour of engine operation.

  8. #8rdmtt2021-09-02 10:39

    I'm not going to rule that out. but wouldn't it be too much of a coincidence to give a problem in the same cylinder? as I said before, I sent the ECU for analysis and everything is ok. Could it be something from the injection pump specifically on Injector 1? or if there was a problem with the pump, would it have another error code?

  9. #9Nige2021-09-02 10:48

    I agree with Vetech. There is a 1 in 3 possibility of a Reman injector being defective. I would suggest that you request Sotreq to replace it under guarantee. Did you do any testing on the injector wiring harness.? If you did not, why not try moving the harness to another cylinder and see if the Diagnostic Code moves to that cylinder.

  10. #10rdmtt2021-09-02 10:50

    yes, I'm already talking to them. the mechanic is coming back to make a more accurate diagnosis with the device and we are about to disassemble it.

  11. #11Vetech632021-09-02 10:54

    Also when you do replacement injectors you should really replace the injector wiring harness. I do this everytime I do injector replacements. Old wiring there will cause future problems you don't want, and its not that difficult to replace while your in the top of the engine

  12. #12rdmtt2021-09-02 14:01

    I'll do it

  13. #13Nige2021-09-02 17:00

    If you find that the injector wiring harness for #1 cylinder is defective then Vetech's suggestion of replacing all of them makes even more sense.

  14. #14rdmtt2021-09-03 08:38

    yesterday the mechanic stayed until late at night solving the problem of the machine, which accused the injectors. the engine pressure error was just bad contact, the injectors problem was calibration. He says that the injectors were injecting wrong values, that he made 3 types of calibration in the nozzles and solved the problem. finally, problem solved. I didn't follow the mechanics, just gave me information over the phone and didn't give many details, but that's it. Let's see how it goes with time.