It's coming to a time I need to get a new laptop and adaptor. I know my cat com adaptor 2 won't talk to cummins. If I got a 3 would it cover using et and insite or do I need a different one like inline or???. I'm new to insite. Et and insite are all I'm interested in as of now.
i believe that a cat comm 3 will only talk to cat. For cummins you need an inline 7? Or a nexiq comm adapter. Now to throw a wrench in the works. My cummins inline 7 will connect to a truck with a cat engine in it.
Thats moreless what I've found I just got a nexiq ordered this evening. My laptop is at my ladyfreinds brother's getting windows 10 installed as it was still on 7 I'm just hoping at this point I don't need a new laptop to make it happen.
as i know you need use inline 6 or inline7 diagnostic tool here is the one used before inline6
I don’t think you can go wrong with the Nexiq.
what software are independent guys using other than oem?
for Cummins engine,you need use cummins insite it is professionl on Cummins engine and generator. if you want to do PowerCommad...
I used to use all OEM tools but I only use TEXA now. I’ve been working with them for a long time if you have any questions.
hows it work for off-highway equipment specifically cat, does it have the same functions as ET?
If you working on a lot of CAT equipment I like it better than ET, because the customer version of ET doesn’t give you access to everything and I get calls all the time from people not able to communicate with their CAT ET because CAT paints more engines then they make now so depending on what type of CAT Equipment you want to work on, you might need Perkins Software, Kubota Industrial Software (they have different divisions), and many more . That’s why I don’t use CAT ET anymore and I why I use TEXA. I specialize in Heavy Duty and Off Highway Diagnostics so if you have any questions please let me know and I’ll try to help
I think you may be what I have been looking for - at least we are in the same state. How can I get in touch with you?
Send me a message and I can give you my contact info, or just email me at [email protected]