Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Compact rough terrian forklifts

NorthridgeFab ยท 2013-05-11 20:09

I need a compact forklift that can get around on gravel and snow pack, yet is still small enough to use in the shop. Need a 5,000lb lift cap. Currently I am using a 5,000lb Mitsubishi with pneumatic tires. Would like to stay as close to this overall size as possible. I found a picture of what I was wanting to fine, but I've only seen it over seas.

Replies8
  1. #1CM19952013-05-11 20:36

    Welcome to the Forums NorthridgeFab!:drinkup The first thing that came to my mind was a piggy-back forklift. The three wheel type that lumber and block/brick companies use to deliver materials to the jobsite and it rides on the back of the flatbed.

  2. #2Dualie2013-05-12 02:44

    I have seen chains for pneumatic forklift tires before. i don't think your going to have much luck finding something that meets those requirements. You could buy a second set of tires for winter and have them studded.

  3. #3NorthridgeFab2013-05-12 16:05

    Thanks I've seen those, but they are too wide to use in the shop. It gets pretty tight in here sometimes. I've thought about chains or studs, but I cant get around even when it's dry. The terrain is too rough. I did some more searching. It looks like they offer some 4WD forklifts that look a lot like the picture I posted. Still trying to find them in the states.

  4. #4CM19952013-05-12 19:07

    Something like this? - http://www.jcbna.com/products/5-waste-recycling/25-industrial-forklifts/ http://www.machinerytrader.com/list/list.aspx?ETID=1&catid=1038&Manu=JCB&MDLGrp=TLT30 http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=6853595

  5. #5OFF2013-05-16 15:09

    We use bobcats (skid-steer loaders) with fork attachments on them. There is a real big "hole" in the RT forklift market place. No smaller size 4x4 RT forklifts made that I'm aware of.

  6. #6hvy 1ton2013-05-16 17:31

    Those JCB's CM linked are the only thing i'm aware of close to what your looking for. Couple people were looking at them a few years ago dunno if anyone bought one tho.

  7. #7TD242013-05-16 22:39

    Look for an IT40 Clark. Will probably fill your bill. Could be a 50 if you could find a cwt off one. Google Clark IT40 forklift and scroll down Machinery Trader and down it to find 79 IT40B with a pic. Will show you what one looks like with single drive tires. Most down here have duals. LUCK

  8. #8bob b2013-05-17 02:24

    http://www.genielift.com/en/products/new-equipment/telehandlers/compact-telehandler/index.htm http://www.cat.com/cda/layout?m=308783&x=7