I'm looking for some insight on these machines for the sole purpose of Snow Removal. I've test drove every machine u can think of, all machines 85+ horsepower, I really like how the CTL handle heavy weights and how they turn but are a bit pricey, the SS turn rough and are bouncy and feel very unstable lifting heavy weight above the cab. My primary question is, does a SS push snow with a 10' pusher as well as a CTL?
CTL"S are better in most cases but not snow removal. The cost to replace tracks is so high and they would wear very fast on the asphalt.
asv pt80 is the ultimate ctl snowmover. 2 speed, good visability, and more, used for snow only is the ideal conditions for maximum undercarrige life. dont listen to people who say you will where the tracks down maybe in 2,500 hours of snow work. its dirt, rocks, and sticks that causes them to weare quickly. i recently replaced the excavator with a pt80 for bulk snow stacking build a ramp and it floats like a dozer only better.:usa
This is a link to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko91vMjUClQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjYT8lQN6YU I use my RC50 in Wisconsin and it runs circles around my S220. The second clip shows my size machine (47hp 5300lb) pushing a 81hp 9300lb machine backwards. Imagine what it would do with a blade?
:usathe first video is a asv pt100 forestry package. imo the baddest tl out 10,000lbs 100hp just a little bigger than most people can use phisicaly but a serious hydraulic animal for high flow attachments. i had one on winter rental earlyer this season and it will outpush, produce a cat 416 backhoe all night long with a 10 foot pusher. plus it is all pilot controls so its like a big video game. less operator fatigue. i dont want to sound like a asv salesman cause im not, i just ran enough equipment to know what works good for the job at hand
I push a 10' blade with a 262 and love it can push a big lot flip around and push back the other way. it can loose traction if there is alot of snow but if this is the case i just reduce the width of my push. I also have a 7' blade on a bobcat S185 to clean the tight spots.