Hello Guys I'm considering a Breaker or Compactor (maybe I should say Hammer or Hoe-pac for you North American folks since I'm in "your house") to use for driving posts in my fencing operation, sorta like the guys are discussing in this thread HeavyEquipmentForums My question is - which is kinder to the carrier (breakers are common here and everyone I know avoids using them on their machines if they can) and why, and is one or the other kinder to the operator (all other things being equal)? And if anyone can tell me which would be more efficient and why I'd love to hear that too. It might be worth noting that I work in an area with soft gound, and my excavator is an IHI 25NX-2 which gives nearly 12 gpm at 2610 psi. Thanks Foster
I run a Stanley MB250 on my Cx50b Case with no problems. The hydraulic systems of modern compact or mini excavators are designed for use with breakers and hoe packs. hoe packs are running a motor with constant flow. Most breakers use nitrogen accumulators to do the pounding and are fairly easy on the carrier, but still get warm wit a lot of use. Driving posts would be way less impact then breaking 12" concrete with bar in it. Consider cycle time (hammering versus not) to let the system cool.