Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Compactor production capacity

Abscraperguy ยท 2016-06-06 12:27

For a few years now I've only really had an arms length involvement in the road building industry. And my question will expose my ignorance. Some years back I saw a study done by a university showing average production rates for the various types of compactors in the various soil types. I can't find it right off so I'm wandering what you all estimate your production rates in yards per hour is on the following types. Articulating compactor such as Cat 815B/F Tow behind sheepsfoot double drum 5x5 fully ballasted 84 in vibratory padfoot Grid roller (likely only sand) Soil types I'm most interested are clay and sand. I realize this is a very loose set of parameters and I should specify clay type, lift heights, presence of a grader in fill area etc but this is not rocket science. I'm just interested what production rates are in different parts of the world.

Replies0

No replies yet.