Does anyone have a hoisting equipment supplier in the UK or Europe that they work with or that they would recommend? I'm looking for a 10 meter long single leg cable sling that's rated for 40 metric tons. (It has to be CE marked). We have a local supplier that we use when we need something on short notice, but we're looking for a supplier that can supply quality rigging accessories without "overnight-rush" pricing. Thanks
I'll ask around some of my contacts and let you know. I haven't personally dealt with any European lifting gear suppliers for years. At a quick scan of load charts for a 40 tonne SWL the sling would need to be a wire core as opposed to fibre. A 60mm diameter rope sling with swaged terminations is rated at 39 tonne SWL for fibre core and 42 tonnes for an IWRC. Both of those would be in either 6/19 or 6/36 wire rope, I guess which of the two you choose depends how flexible you need the sling to be.
Thanks for that, Nige. We're probably going to stick with IWRC, although a little extra flex would be nice. We may go up in size to a 50 ton sling if there isn't a big price difference.
Update. I am hoping to have a reply within the next couple of days. I've already received an acknowledgement of the message I sent out.
:thumbsup I appreciate it.
Below is the reply I got........ We get our stuff offshore via Aberdeen Tool Rental (ATR) and the loft gets changed out every six months when the lifting colour code (certification) changes. they are not just a rental outfit, they sell lifting gear as well. He said to Google what you need as if it is certified the companies will be a little more genuine to deal with, however, apparently as soon as you mention CE certification the price will double or treble..!! Try Aberdeen Tool Rental direct and find out what they can do for you as they ship all over the UK for the Oil & Gas industry. ATR group can be found here. (They have a place out of Aberdeen, Yarmouth and Caspian Sea too!!!). They do equipment rental as well as sales.:thumbup: http://www.atrgroup.co.uk/services/lifting-solutions/ http://www.atrgroup.co.uk/contact
Thanks for looking into this Nige. I'll check them out. :thumbsup