Is anyone else sick of constantly being bombarded with solicitation calls, email, mail, etc, from companies scanning the DOT number database? I think it’s gotten out of hand that the government plasters our contact information on the the internet to be used in such a manner. I don’t necessarily mind a company’s safety record being made public but the system is abused by companies, some of which have totally malicious intentions of ripping you off. If personal license plate data was available like DOT number data is, there would be outrage, but yet this is ok and we’re told to accept it. The system needs to be changed to stop this.
I don't have DOT numbers. I do get 20+ solicitation calls on my cell phone every week though. I am on the National Do Not Call List. I swear telemarketers use the don't call list as their call list.
They don’t care nowadays because call spoofing and robot calls have made it near impossible to track them down. The Do Not Call list is a worthless registry
I finally got sick of all the solic. calls during the day & found the DNC #.. I registered & like it says.. 31 days later the calls have all but stopped.. I prob. get 5 in a week now, where it was 35 every friggin week..
I got one, company said my dot # was expired, and they wanted me to call them, to use their service (read-PAY them), to update. I usually let the dot# expire so when the brown coverall inspectors pull me over, it gives them a small paperwork violation, to write up, so they don't go much further, when they do the inspection... As for the DNC registry, I get 5 spoof calls a day, most days, What a JOKE!
I don't care what stripe of politician it is, I think they could win on a single platform, stopping the robo calls. They could wear a coat made from the tongues of clubbed baby rabbits, or want reparations for everyone forced to have a 80's haircut in the day, I don't care, if they will stop the robo calls- I'm for them. I hit the button to stop them calling, if I'm not busy I'll let it ring through to their call center and waste their time. Honestly the only way it will stop is when no one buys from them anymore. A pox on them and their houses.
What everyone needs to do is wait a couple of minutes and call them back. So I am told this totally screws up the system.
What, you don't need factoring, fuel cards, business financing, drug testing compliance, insurance quotes, safety training, power only loads, brokering, etc? I got hit three times. Got the DOT number and the calls flooded in. Got MC authority and the calls really flooded in. Got intrastate authority and had another bump. I get about 5 a day still, nearly a year out.
At least they still care about you & take time to call . LOL
By us they can "spoof" the number so it appears as a local number calling you. If you redial that number, you end up calling a local person who didn't call you, and they are usually ticked too, because people are ringing their phone all day returning missed calls that they didn't make. Sorry to change from the spam of DOT calls to robo calls, it was just on my mind. We get a never ending list of emails on loads available from having our DOT numbers.
I got so tired of it I updated online with a phone number I haven't had in years and a gmail account I never check or use. If the Feds need me they have my address and send me a letter anyway.
Your right about THAT, CO.. I live in a town of about 2000 people..& I have an unlisted #.. anyone who knows me has my cell #.. NOT my home #.. I get calls thru-out the week w/ my towns area code & prefix #..{1st 3 digits} But since I got on the DNcall list, its gone down A LOT.. Remember folks, that list expires.. so if you see an increase in calls.. re-register..