Hi, Every body. i want to by one cherry picker machine type 18m platform height, i am considering between Genie or JLG. i do not have many knowledge about machine. Some body can please help me to asset it. Thanks.
Are you talking about a boom lift? As a mechanic, I prefer JLG. As an operator, Genie all the way. JLG uses toggle switches on most of their controls. So basically on/off only, no feathering. They do have a speed control rheostat though so you can feather it that way. Just a bit of a PITA. JLG electrical is simpler though IMO and their tech support is good to deal with. Genie uses joysticks for most of their functions. They're a smoother machine overall IMO. Problem with Genie and we see it a lot is that it is easy for an inexperienced operator (who doesn't know how to read a manual) to lock the machine out and get themselves stuck. Most of the field service calls I go to for booms are simply because the operator did not take the time to read the operators manual. Every manufacturer is different and IMO you really can't go wrong with either unit. They're both good manufacturers. I would avoid Skyjack though. Simple machines but I've found that parts availability through them is not nearly as good as JLG or Genie.