Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lull Alternator

Kiteman ยท 2016-11-06 19:35

Can anyone help me with the proper alternator part # for a 95 644 Highlander with the JD 4039D engine?

Replies3
  1. #1Kiteman2016-11-06 20:11

    Also, should this be clockwise or counter-clockwise rotating?

  2. #2willie592016-11-06 22:20

    Are you searching for a Lull part number or a Deere part number? Do you currently have an alternator for the engine, or are you asking because the alternator is missing?

  3. #3Kiteman2016-11-07 17:31

    I found the number at Web Equipment, but didn't need to buy one. Actually, I had replaced the alternator about 6 months ago, but I was having problems with it not charging. It would bench test fine, but wouldn't put out anything on the machine. I wasn't sure I got the right one from NAPA. To make a long story short, I ended up adding an idiot light into the wiring and that excited the alternator to get it to charge. I don't know what did it originally, because there is no alternator light on the dash.