Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Comparing Deere 310 sj/sk to 410 j/k backhoes

bmich ยท 2022-01-21 09:46

Been looking for a TLB. Lots of posts about these. Comparing specs between the two sizes main differences are open center vs PFC hydraulics. The 410 has slightly more backhoe dig depth and hyd capacity than the 310. I was surprised that the loader with the same size bucket has the same load capacity on both models. Was expecting the 410 to have more capacity. I've used a 310SE and at times digging rocks will run out of either hoe or loader capacity. What differences have operators noticed that have used both models?? Open center or closed center hyd have any better performance?? Overalll differences between the two models??

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-01-21 11:27

    In a nut shell it is like comparing a pony (310) to a horse in size. I would be looking for a 410 series. Both types of pumps are very efficient. I would never let the type of pump determine what I would buy. The best thing you can do is go and look at both model machines and see the differences in them. If you do that take some photos of them for future reference.

  2. #2wattsbackhoe2022-01-21 22:58

    I have owned both, I prefer the 310 size to the 410. I also much prefer the open center gear pump, in my opinion a good operator can get more from from the machine. The biggest difference in my opinion is balance, the 410 has a much heavier boom. If you are just on flat ground the 410 is fine. They are basically the same chassis with different booms and slightly different engine outputs.

  3. #3JL Sargent2022-01-25 13:37

    I have operated several different backhoes. I like the 310 size best. When you go bigger, it gets slower with less balance. I prefer open center hydraulics. The pump is a whole lot less complicated and tougher.