Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Con expo

KSSS ยท 2020-01-05 00:21

My first one was in the late 90's as well, and haven't missed one yet. ConExpo itself is worth every penny, or has been to me anyway. The networking with OEM representatives has proven very valuable as the years have gone on. Getting to see all the iron sitting side by side is always interesting. I have done classes in the past and generally I have found them well done. As to Vegas itself, guess I am the only one that gets what is promised on the card?

Replies12
  1. #1KSSS2020-01-07 01:07

    Anyone who is going to ConExpo might want to get rooms squared away. Options are going fast.

  2. #2skata2020-01-07 01:17

    Room prices get crazy during this show.

  3. #3KSSS2020-01-07 16:23

    I would say beyond stupid pricing.

  4. #4Tyler d4c2020-01-07 17:20

    We used points to get a free week they where 657 a night otherwise

  5. #5treemover2020-01-10 22:40

    So I want to attend for the first time, I was going to take my 9 yr boy, he is all about the equipment and operating, any issues with him going

  6. #6skata2020-01-10 23:17

    Ok As long as he don't mind doing a lot of walking.

  7. #7KSSS2020-01-11 00:11

    LOL, the lad better pack a lunch.

  8. #8Tags2020-01-11 10:30

    Got our group squared away yesterday...if your son likes equipment and like others said, doesn't mind walking, he'll have a blast. I've been a handful of times and it's always been a great time walking around the show, it's when you leave the show you'll want to find something to do. Hoover dam tour is a good one for sure.

  9. #9Mark132020-01-20 23:45

    I booked my room (off the strip at Sam's Town) back in April and it didn't seem terrible to me. 6 nights for just over $700. I'm not much for the gambling or night life stuff so not being right in the middle of everything didn't really make much difference to me, especially with uber/lyft, shuttles, plus I'll have my own vehicle as well.

  10. #10DGODGR2020-03-06 15:18

    I may well have to pass on the Expo this year. I just broke my tibia in Baja (surgery pending for next week) so I may not be quite able bodied enough to make it work. CM1995: I just sent you a PM

  11. #11CM19952020-03-06 18:51

    That sucks DG. Replied to the PM. As of now the Wife and I are going.

  12. #12simonsrplant2020-03-06 23:53

    Never been to conexpo. This will be my first. Bunch of friends also coming. Really looking forward to it. Nice but if warm before summer comes!