Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Concrete Mixer Attachment Concrete Tube?

Makers Acres · 2021-09-05 18:17

I bought a Skid Steer concrete mixer attachment. It was one of those things where I tossed a bid on an auction and I got it. It is one of those Chinese ones that has been rebranded and sold in the Richie Brother auctions. I have had pretty good luck with some of the other ones I purchased, so I figure, why not? I'm not a construction company, I just want it for light work around the farm. So my question is that it has a hookup for a concrete hose / tube on the bottom but it did not come with one. Looking at some of the American made concrete mixer attachments, it looks like it might be the same size. Is this a standard, or do any of you know where I might go to buy one of these tubes? Here are the pictures of the attachment. Thanks!

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2021-09-05 22:24

    I'd look for a piece of used LDH from a fire dept. It has to be tested every year, and usually fails at the ends, but can be re coupled so only need to cut a few feet off and move the coupling. Shouldn't be hard to find a 4-5' piece. If it doesn't fit that spout, weld a smaller one under to fit the hose you find.

  2. #2Makers Acres2021-09-05 23:12

    Those are good suggestions, thank you! I just wanted to see if this was a standard thing that maybe I am just not looking in the right place for.

  3. #3Yoseff Ben-Yehuda2022-06-02 18:33

    Makers- any feedback on your attachment now that it's been a while? I haven't heard much about these and am thinking of picking one up. Thanks!

  4. #4Makers Acres2022-06-22 01:10

    I ordered the connector for my CAT back I’m December, but due to supply shortages, it just showed a couple weeks ago. I am still on the hunt for a concrete tube that fits the connector on the bottom. So long story short, I haven’t been able to try it yet.