Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Flip screen anyone have one?

KSSS · 2021-11-03 13:42

I am considering one of these or something similar. I need the ability to screen material for utilities. Hauling in material is getting more and more expensive and takes more time. I need to screen down to 3/4". Anyone have one of these? They cost way more than one would think for what is there 11-17K depending on size, I would put it on a CTL.

Replies11
  1. #1heymccall2021-11-03 14:07

    No experience. This one says $6900. https://www.ez-screen.com/ez-screen...A-D_zSHTOGwXq7-K_mqSspLndCP-KAUgaAvUiEALw_wcB

  2. #2The Peej2021-11-03 14:21

    I have not but did see them in use at conex two years ago. Even under ideal conditions with dry material they were VERY SLOW.

  3. #3KSSS2021-11-03 16:44

    I got a quote from them as well. I am looking at both of them, I like this price better for sure.

  4. #4673moto2021-11-12 12:04

    If camarata can’t break it... it must be ok https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKnXmFOFyMk

  5. #5John C.2021-11-12 16:17

    Nice job on the video. Seems like a lot of motion to get the material clean per size range. Better than a hand screen, less expensive than a screen plant. It seems like a little bit of change in the shape might make it more efficient to load.

  6. #6KSSS2021-11-12 23:51

    I thought the same thing. Not a lot of room to load material. It does seem like it processes material faster than anything else I have found. Which isn't to say that it is fast. The bucket mounted shakers look to be much slower and I think with wetter material it probably would be much worse than what they show in the videos. It is a lot of money for what is there. It comes from Australia so that adds a lot of cost to it I am sure.

  7. #7Tags2021-11-13 07:21

    Dry material always screens out way better, you never see one of these videos with someone trying to do it with damp or wet material. It really just can’t be done efficiently. It does look like the opening on the bucket is tiny and next to impossible to load. And running it on a CTL probably isn’t the most cost effective way to do it, a rubber tire machine may be better as far as wear and tear goes on the carrier unit. It’s pretty much like any attachment though, they all have their place, it just depends on how bad you need it, if you can get paid to use it, and if your expectations of the attachment match the the results in the field.

  8. #8hvy 1ton2021-11-13 21:03

    Anyone know how much one of these star-screen buckets run? They sure look more productive than the flip screen.

  9. #9DGODGR2022-02-20 15:11

    Did you ever buy one? I was going to demo one the fall before last. I contacted the Flip-Screen guy for my area and we talked about a demo. He said that he would being one up for me to try -"No strings attached". When I found out that he wanted $35k things didn't go well from there. I did, demo an MB trommel screen. It turned out to not be "robust" enough for screening my hammer crumbs (though they said that it would work fine for that). The unit that they sent me was used (or maybe a demo unit) and it had an issue with the bearings (or at least that's what I think). I would not roll the trommell without binding. I kept greasing it to see if lack of lube was the issue. This would only work for a bit (first few times) and then it didn't have any effect after that. I sent it back to the MFR....NO SALE!! MB wanted +/-$16k for the used one, and, I think $23k for new. All units were to fit a 25tn trackhoe so that has bearing on the cost. we are now currently using a grizzly and also a skeleton bucket. Neither of these could get you 3/4" minus though. If you bought one Sean, I'd love to hear about it. If you bought one for $15k I'd like to know where you may have bought it.

  10. #10KSSS2022-02-20 20:50

    I didn't buy one. I am semi-convinced it is probably the most productive unit that I have been able to find. The price just seems crazy. They had two different models and the smaller one was 15k as I recall. As fuel keeps going up, it would likely pay for itself after you have created enough clean backfill with it, but I couldn't bring myself to spend that kind of money for what probably has 5K worth of steel and components.

  11. #11skyking12022-02-20 21:02

    I've been thinking of a progressive skeleton bucket, make one that screens out the bigger stuff 3+ and then a slot behind that with what ever product screen you want. Have a gap that lets the intermediate oversize go out a slot, as opposed to back out through the 3+ initial screen. Work in brain progress.