Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

concrete paver

AtlasRob ยท 2008-03-21 19:02

Heres a couple a pics of a slipform paver I was unfortunate enough to end up in front of when there own duck brokedown. I say unfortunate only because I had a 2month old machine and that concrete gets everywhere It was relaying the threasholds (sp) at a certain :usa base in the UK. I'm sure the truck pic should go in another thread but the enthusiasts will soon find it :wink2

Replies11
  1. #1ddiiggy2008-07-04 22:41

    Is that a standard cement truck? No rotary mixing? I have never seen one dump like that.

  2. #2truck6082008-07-05 00:08

    That is called a batch truck. It does have an auger inside to keep the concrete agitating. It does not have the ability to add water and properly remix the load. These are used on jobsites where the batch plant is on the construction site and premixes the concrete before it is loaded into these trucks. The company I used to work for had a few of these and we also used regular dump trucks and even dump trailers to deliver premixed concrete on a highway rebuild.

  3. #3AtlasRob2008-07-05 11:41

    truck608 has it bang on the head :thumbsup In theory the concrete isn't in the truck for any length of time but the vibration makes it settle. The paddle stirs it just enough to ease it out onto the chute. Heres a shot from the back to show you.

  4. #4Bellboy2008-08-01 13:24

    Sho, that is cool! I saw an article in my plan tmag, about a project on the East coast, where they are using modified Bell ADTs to transport the concrete, and a komatsu WB93R to move the concrete around like that duck, and then manual labour to do the finish work. May I post some pics?

  5. #5AtlasRob2008-08-11 16:12

    If your asking me, yeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrr post away my friend, I'd be intrested to see what mod's they have done to those Bell's.

  6. #6cps2008-08-11 16:50

    I d also be really intrested to see those bellboy

  7. #7tonka2008-08-11 17:12

    Here in the US we set up a mobile cement plant, near the site 2-5 miles away. We haul the wet cement in dump trucks and dump it in front of the machine and it smothes it out. same basic thing you guys got there..... oh and bellboy was banned so he can't post anymore.....

  8. #8Bellboy2008-09-03 10:53

    HELLUR How u doin'? Just banned for a month, thats it. i like to see it more of an exile type thing... Anyways, let me go 'n find that article...

  9. #9tonka2008-09-03 16:49

    Glad to have you back bellboy, just mind your P's and Q's and you'll do fine!

  10. #10Bellboy2008-09-04 09:58

    Ngqura Port OK, here is that huge project I was telling you about. It is the port of Ngqura in Port Elizabeth in the Eastern Cape. the contractor (Grinaker LTA) has got to pave 35 ha in concrete, which equates to around 850m3 needing to be poured daily. Form what I can see, the Bell ADTs being used are either 25s or 30s, and haven't really undergone any major changes from what I can see, and have read. Mainly thicker bodies and tight tailgates. So, all the concrete is batched on site, dumped into the ADTs, trucked to the site, dumped and spread first with a Komatsu WB93 R and then with manual labour and finally screeded. Here are some pics for your enjoyment: 1. An ADT dumping his load of concrete, with the workers who work it out below 2. Basically the same thing as above 3. TLB and men smoothing and levelling it out. 4. The plan and some drainage.

  11. #11AtlasRob2008-09-04 16:35

    Thanks for that update Bellboy and welcome back