Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ConExpo

badranman ยท 2005-02-23 22:00

I see on Bobcat's website they're advertising their display booth at the ConExpo. They have about 35 machines in the picture. Is there really that many in the display? If so the WOW. At the last Heavy Equipment show around here they had 2. That show must be huge.

Replies21
  1. #1Cat4202005-02-23 22:20

    I believe it is 42 acres total indoor and outdoor space. :eek2 I would love to go some day.

  2. #2CT18fireman2005-02-24 00:11

    I am going this year. I will take pictures, with my new digital camera (first for me) From what I have been told, it is like Disneyworld, you will never get to see everything.

  3. #3CEwriter2005-02-24 22:44

    The biggest tradeshow in this hemisphere this year Conexpo-Con/Agg 2005 has already booked 1.8 million square feet of exhibit space. They should see about 120,000 visitors. Industry publication, Tradeshow Week, ranked CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2002 as the largest trade show of any industry that year. It's real big. L

  4. #42004F5502005-02-24 23:30

    I'll be one of the 120,000 with my dad........should be cool

  5. #5Tigerotor77W2005-02-25 00:40

    Wish I could go... the last day of it is the last day of school before spring break for me...

  6. #6CEwriter2005-02-25 09:56

    Show goes through Saturday the 19th. A weekend in Las Vegas could be a great way to kick off Spring Break . . . I'm still learning how to use this message board, or I would post some photos from 2002. If you want to see them, go to www.conexpoconagg.com , click on "Media Services" on the lower left, and then "2002 Photos." L

  7. #7BKrois2005-03-06 10:03

    Well, i was hesitant at first about going but my friends convinced me to go. I was able to book the flights i wanted last night. I'll be there from wednesday moring and leaving friday afternoon. Should be an awesome time

  8. #8cat3202005-03-06 21:37

    Where are you going to stay when your out there? If you say on the same side as the monorail it will drop you right off at the show and you will not have to pay $$$ for a cab. A must for any one going you have to get to mandilanbay for those extreme bars and restaraunts.

  9. #9huffmanmb2005-03-07 03:56

    How many attended the 02 show? I went in 99 but couldnt make the last one. Cant wait to board the plane next week. Any one attending any of the classes/seminars?

  10. #10CT18fireman2005-03-07 09:13

    In-laws have a condo. So it is free for me and my wife. Plan on playing a lot of golf as well. Weather should be nice.

  11. #11JoeDirtMi2005-03-07 15:25

    Plan ahead! Best advice as a 2-time atendee is to make use of one of the pre-planning guides/maps in the con eq magazines lately- there is so much and it is so spread out, that you should hilight out the companies you want to see, and actually plan a route so you can see what you need to, because they are so spread out, and many are not together. Invariably, you'll see some display you'll spend time at like the JCB booth, with the shows, the Link-Belt booth with their you-participate rodeo, or the Komatsu booth with their giant bar! Plan ahead so you can see what you need to , and ask lots of questions! Good luck! :usa

  12. #122004F5502005-03-13 21:25

    talk to you all Saturday, me and my dad will be taking off in about 12 hrs, should be a good time....i bought an extra memory stick for the camera and plan on lots of pics..... :usa

  13. #13CT18fireman2005-03-14 00:39

    We are not leaving till midweek, but tonight the news was showing a storm for the weekend. That is a concern to me. For once I do not want it to snow.

  14. #14CEwriter2005-03-16 04:04

    Greetings from the tail end of Day 1, Conexpo-Con/Agg 2005. The day broke show records with attendance of about 114,000. It was sometimes hard to get up and down the aisles. Here's a link to our electronic coverage for Day 1. http://www.constructionequipment.com/newsletters/showdaily/sd1.html If you're interested in what's going on out here, we're posting daily updates to this show coverage on our home page at www.constructionequipment.com L

  15. #15digger242j2005-03-16 07:35

    You did remember to personally tell *each* of them about HEF, didn't you?

  16. #16CEwriter2005-03-16 10:46

    But of course . . . :slomo

  17. #17CEwriter2005-03-16 10:49

    Oops, I made a mistake. Total attendance yesterday was 112,000. Here's our updated coverage of the show, just posted, emailed, etc., this morning . . . http://www.constructionequipment.com/newsletters/showdaily/sd2.html L

  18. #182004F5502005-03-19 23:28

    wow what a big show, can't even comprend what i just saw...took about 4 days and i think i missed a few things but overall saw a lot and talked a lot.,,,thats all for now too tired..........

  19. #19BKrois2005-03-20 13:10

    I'm still beat from the show, i didn't wake up till almost 1pm today. I wish i could have stayed another day because there was a bunch of stuff i didn't really get to check out. I did manage to take a bunch of photos, heres a link to them- Photos For anyone thinking about going to the show and didn't, its worth it to go for even a day or two, there is nothing around that you can compare to this show. No matter what my friends told me about the show, you won't believe it till you see it.

  20. #20Tigerotor77W2005-03-20 13:37

    This is great... I have to wait a week before I can look at your pictures. (I'm at home where there is now: DIALUP! because cable was cancelled.) But it's good to hear you had a great time! I'm going to try to goin '08; we'll see if my school has spring break at that time.

  21. #21CEwriter2005-03-21 10:45

    Couple of bits of news you can use, just at the top of mind: 1) Better make those tires last. Tire manufacturers are talking about waits of six months to a year for orders of some tire sizes. Hot construction-equipment markets all over the world are outstripping tire production capacity. Some are saying it's just the large sizes that are hard to come by, others are saying the shortage is throughout their product lines. Equipment manufacturers identify it as a serious problem. Of course, dealer inventories and sizes needed are key factors influencing when you'll be able to get tires. Either way, it's a good time to make sure you're running the proper inflation pressure and maintaining it; to keep your loading floors and haul roads clear of sharp rocks; and to keep a lid on wheelspin and other operating practices that are hard on tires. 2) Prices are going up . . . again. Steel prices remain high, and some manufacturers are growing accustomed to passing on the cost to customers. At a big Volvo Construction Equipment press conference, their CEO said they had raised prices in January and July last year, again in January this year, and probably would again in July 2005. He said if the construction equipment industry needs a leader in price increases, Volvo doesn't mind taking that role. 3) Much more new equipment to be introduced later this year. Some engine manufacturers (such as Caterpillar, Cummins, Detroit) had to bring Tier 3 engines to the market in January 2004 because of the Consent Decree they signed several years ago when EPA threatened to sue them out of business over exhaust emissions "violations." Komatsu, Deere, and others who build strictly off-highway diesels, weren't affected by the Consent Decree. They are not required to issue Tier 3 diesels until Jan. 2006. They're still certifying enignes, which means they're likely to issue many machine upgrades later in the year as these new engines get certified. For example: Komatsu is still in the certifying process with its first engine to feature exhaust-gas recirculation. NOTE: JCB is bringing machines with engines designed and built in-house for the first time. Plenty more to say about all the press conferences at the show, but I gotta work through a great heap of stuff after a week in Las Vegas. Keep an eye on the industry magazines and Web sites. We're going to be busy for a while. On a personal note, I got out of Las Vegas for the first time in 20 years of going there for trade shows and the like. Went up to Red Rocks and the hills northeast (I think) of town. There's some beautiful country up there. Kept me sane through what can be a relentless 7-day grind in Sin City. Adios, L