Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Conexpo and Wacker Neuson’s new SSL/CTL.

KSSS ยท 2014-02-08 23:38

Anyone who is coming to Conexpo this year, I suggest stopping by the Wacker Neuson display. They will be unveiling their new SSL/CTL machines this year. I would like to get everyone's thoughts on the machines. I will be working the introduction with WN so stop by and say hello. I will be around the machines somewhere (look for Kaiser on the name tag) I look forward to meeting some HEF members there.

Replies8
  1. #1Desertwheeler2014-02-09 00:16

    I'll try to stop in and check it out.

  2. #2trainwreck2014-02-14 16:44

    Ill have to stop by and say hi.

  3. #3durallymax2014-02-17 21:42

    Germans build good stuff, curious to see how these turn out. We need a big thread with lots of pictures KSSS.

  4. #4KSSS2014-02-18 00:40

    I spent a week in Linz, Austria last Spring working with WN on these machines. I arrived at the plant at the beginning of the week. The head of the SSL program, who worked for BC and CNH prior, and I started working with the prototypes each day. We would make suggestions and the guys in the shop would work some kind of German/Austrian engineering magic and the next morning those issues would be addressed and we would start all over again. WN is certainly dedicated to putting out a quality product. The team they have working on this project is outstanding. I will take a bunch of pics at Conexpo. They will be sending me one in the Spring (sounds like a CTL) to run on our own turf here in Idaho. I will certainly get a more detailed feel for the final product then.

  5. #5durallymax2014-04-09 20:15

    Any more info on these KSSS. I looked on their site but they only give you a few exterior pictures and not much info. No brochures. Went to the UK site and you can download a brochure for the 901 which seems quite a bit different from the SW28. It looks like they ditched the swing up door? Does their cab still flip forward or to the rear? Any other neat info about them?

  6. #6KSSS2014-04-09 21:03

    Yes the door swings out, the cab tilts forward. The dump height on the vertical machines is impressive about 11'2. They shipped the ST35 (radial lift track machine) for me to run for a while today. I plan on running it and putting out some photos and thoughts on the machine. The 901 has nothing in common with the new machines. The most visually impressive aspects of the machine is the HD build. Coupler is over built, loader arms are thick. Visibility is good to the bucket. The controls which are pilot I think are well done. I think most will find them comfortable and controllable. As most everyone knows, pilots are tough to calibrate to make everyone happy, but I think they have struck a happy medium. There was a couple subtle changes I think need to be made to the control system but overall, I think it is well done. Once I get the 35 here in Idaho, I will do a more comprehensive appraisal of the machine.

  7. #7245dlc2014-04-10 01:01

    What are the bucket pins like? I've heard that John Deere bucket pins are pretty small and can break but with some of the young operators these days that's little surprise with their lack of knowledge of grease and grease guns. lol What kind of engines are they using?

  8. #8durallymax2014-04-10 02:15

    They use Perkins. Which pins? The latch pins or the pins holding the attachment plate to the boom? Deere and NH use tapered pins to attach the plate to the boom. These can be problematic and once they wear are a nightmare.