Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Rebuilding joysticks on 226b2?

Desertwheeler ยท 2014-02-09 02:14

Anybody done it? Both mine were leaking and I had the drive side replaced and thinking about trying to rebuild the right side myself. It seaps and the joystick is loose compared to the new one. A new pilot valve is around 900 but not sure how much a rebuild would be if I did it myself or if it's worth just buying a new valve.

Replies5
  1. #1Mobiltech2014-02-09 09:48

    The clearance can be adjusted to tighten up the joystick. The seeping is probably from the plungers. You can get a kit for it or you can try and match up some seals.

  2. #2Desertwheeler2014-02-09 15:12

    Is it self explanatory to adust it if I take it apart?

  3. #3Mobiltech2014-02-09 15:45

    I think so. Lift the boot , there should be a jam nut on the joystick to loosen and turn the disk above the plungers down. Not 100 percent sure , its been a while since I did one.

  4. #4Nige2014-02-10 10:10

    If you think some information on the Parts breakdown would help, then drop me a PM with your machine Serial Number and your e-mail address.

  5. #5Desertwheeler2014-02-10 13:59

    nige thanks I'll give it a shot and see first.