I have some undercarriage parts to get ordered for this machine that I have owned for a few month & there are some discrepancies in it's identification. The decals on the machine say 951 & the Ser # tag up on the RH frame tower facing the operator indicate a 941 (Ser 80H 2988) (BTW I posted about this when I first got the machine), so this morning I removed the counter weight to see if there was another tag on the frame under the counter weight......nothing there. I am wondering if more if the plate work for the hitch has to come off to reveal an ID plate under it? Perhaps the ID tags are not always located on the back of the machines? Any other telltale methods to differentiate between the between the 941 & 951 machines?
Simple to tell the difference between a 941 and a 951, just put up a picture of your loader frame from the side and I will be happy to explain? tctractors p.s. I just looked at other postings, this is a 941 100%.
Here is a couple of side views to help with the clarification. How do you tell the difference?
The only difference that stands out to me is the 941 lever arms (where the bucket tilt cylinder ends mount) appear to be fabricated on the 941 and cast (with webs) on the 951.
These are castings as the picture shows. Maybe some of 941's had castings for that linkage?
I was referring to the other end. Where the cylinder mounts, not the rod end.
Good guess O.M. but that is not so, the loader frame components changed from forged bits to flat plate around the Sealed Loader frame time, the 941 has only 1 lump of steel glued to the loader frame as a Bump Stop for the bucket linkage, the 951 has 2 bits of steel as Bump Stops, there is plenty of other pointers the track plates being 1 but the simple thing is the bucket tip stops. tctractors
Tony, Am I understanding you being referring to the area circled in read above? The 951 would have two of these on each side of the arm, for a total of 4 on the machine? Where the 941 would only have one on each arm for a grand total of 2 on the machine?
kshansen, that is the bit in the red bit, on the 951B and C this is in 2 parts on the same location with a gap between them, so if you cut this item in half and give it a 2" gap on the loader frame its 951B or C, so same side location but 2 bits.