Have it where I can see the engine now.
Looks like fun! Keep the pics and interesting info coming. If I remember correctly you are pulling the engine due to a spun rod bearing. Did you ever figure out what caused it to go bad and how did you determine that it was bad. Also are you going to pick it up with the tractor, does it have enough lift power?
It is because of a spun rod bearing. I slid off into a steep gully and it took me a couple of minutes to get it out. It was also a gallon low on oil. Not sure if that was enough to cause the damage, but that was 2 contributing factors. About 1 minute after I got it out I could hear it knocking. I think the tractor could lift the motor alright, but I bought a rolling overhead gantry to hoist it out with. I think that may make it a little easier going back in.