Can you very experienced old timers help me with brands and series of most widely used electric connectors used in the excavators?! I’m tired of dealers telling me that they don’t stock connectors and pigtails, and that I have to buy the whole harness and loose one of my kidneys in process! Just want to stock some of them!
Every manufacturer is different. Deutsche, AMP, Weatherpack, Delphi...and the list goes on. I keep 2 thru 6 cavity Deutsche DT and Weatherpack on the truck.
If an old Cat there is also the Sure-Seal. As heymccall says there are many different ones used even within the same company, say like Cat. Best bet is to post a picture of what you need and I'm sure one of us can point you in the direction of a source. In many cases it is possible to replace with a different make unless the harness is plugged directly in to a sensor or relay.
I cant count how many different types of harness plug ins I've had to remove over the years. Some in cases where it was only available with the new wiring harness at a huge costs. I keep a few on the truck, but having a good selection of solderless crimp connectors has been my friend many times.
My problem is I’m independent, so I have to work on any brand that will come my way, and this connector problem is really pain in the ..... especially when your tens of miles from anywhere where you can buy something. The solenoids or sensors with pigtails is not a problem - I just crimp the bullet connectors, but the plug ins and big harness sockets and plugs is a head scratchers! I can always run a jumper on those big harnesses, but I would like to fix things right! Back when I worked on semi’es I could buy anything from my Freightliner dealer, it is not so with CE dealers though! Just thought that there’s few types that used more often then others.
Thanks for answering! Can you recommend a few good kits?
Check with Lawson Industries. There should be a rep in your area. They carry more stuff than you can possibly think of and are reasonably priced.
For as many different hydraulic fittings there are, I think there are 10 times more electrical connectors. I'm in the same boat as you, an independent that can't say no to most anything. I've researched alot and have quite a number of kits along with ends removed from old harnesses ect. and I rarely seem to have the right one. So many look the same but have just one little difference.
Wirecare and Waytek are my go-to when it comes to stocking wiring stuff. Wirecare has pre-assembled kits for deutsch and AMP.
What brand excavators are you looking for? I know that Deere/Hitachi and Kobelco sell kits. I'm sure that Cat does also but don't have a part number for it.
Kobelcos and Deere/Hitachi that’s what I usually get, maybe I need to talk to other parts guys next time, who knows about the kits.
Thanks! I’ll check them out!
Do you have access to Deere service advisor? There's a number of DTAC listings that cover this topic, I can give you the numbers if need be. And I'll try to remember to get the Kobelco kit number tomorrow.
I’m too poor for service advisor, but I would really appreciate Kobelcos part number, thanks!
OK, I printed out some of the Deere info and I''ll try and get that to you. Why don't you PM me your email address and then I can send it that way.
Good luck trying to get the Deere/Hitachi dealer to get you one of those kits. I worked for an Hitachi dealer and they wouldn't even order one in for me. Said they make more money selling harnesses.
That’s exactly what they told me!
Deere https://t.jdparts.deere.com/partsmkt/document/english/pmac/33710_di_ElectricalConnectorKit.htm
I bought one kit years ago and have never had an issue getting individual pieces. But I have a pretty good relationship with them.
Thanks I really appreciate it!
Does this cover excavators?
The page I linked actually has several different sets on it. Only Deeres I have are loaders. And, thanks to Deere, DTAC, and my dealer, we'll be thinking long and hard before ever considering another Deere.
I bet I would need to sell a kidney to get my hands on that!
You may find some useful information in this document. I know it quotes Cat Part numbers but it also helps to identify the brand of connector (Deutsch, AMPseal, TYCO, etc) along with some pretty good illustrations. The only connectors used on Cat equipment that it doesn't cover are Sure Seal, which are covered in the 2nd document.
Not sure what the going rate for kidneys are in Oklahoma but that kit is available on Amazon for $1177.67 https://www.amazon.com/John-Deere-Original-Equipment-Electrical/dp/B00TOZ78GG
Man, If I had a complete kit for every manufacturer...….Ide have to sell a lung too!
Looked through connectors list in Hyundai excavator manual - it is mesmerizing how many different brands and series used in one machine.
When it comes to dealers - my take on them, that all they want to do is sell you either machine or expensive component ( the more expensive - the better), and service falls in to “necessary evil” category for them!
double thanks!
Here lists it for $820, as opposed to amazon @ $1200
No it does not cover excavators. There are other kits for excavators from Deere.