Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Considering a Mitsubishi BD2G

jhogan2424 ยท 2012-10-22 21:07

I have been looking for a small Mitsubishi or Komatsu dozer and after looking at several, most seemed to have problems of some kind. I believe I have now found one near Houston that has only minor issues. I haven't seen the rig yet but the owner says the only attention it needs is some hydraulic hoses replaced. He says some of the metal hoses and also the rubber hoses have moderate leaks. If I understood correctly, the metal hoses actually have holes in them. My question is... Are these standard type hydraulic hoses that are readily available and easily replaced? It seems that i may have read somewhere that the hydraulic fittings on these dozers are some special type but I can't remember for sure. Thanks for any info, Jason

Replies9
  1. #1jhogan24242012-10-22 21:11

    Sorry I didn't mention. The machine I am looking at is a Mitsubishi BD2G. Jason

  2. #2mitch5042012-10-22 22:21

    I am not familiar w/ the lines on a bd2g, but they are probably regular japanese metric fittings. A large hydraulics shop should have no problems. I would lean strongly towards a Komatsu D20 or D21, depending on your transmission choice, because the Komatsu parts are readily available. It is a bad feeling to get a machine, start using it, like it a lot, then not be able to fix it.

  3. #3jhogan24242012-10-22 23:00

    Thanks Mitch, I actually do prefer one of the Komatsu machines but they are just a little over my budget. I have just $6500 that can use for a dozer purchase and I am finding the Mitsubishi's in that range. It seems the Komatsu machines are about $8500 and up. I know it's just a couple grand difference but I just don't have it right now. On the other hand, if anyone out there wants to sell me their Komatsu d20 or d21 for around $6500, I'll be glad to pay ya!

  4. #4lectro882012-10-22 23:08

    I would guess the hose fittings would be bpt brittish pipe thread, think I said that right. or some sort of metric thread, the hose is standard. most any "Good" hydraulic shop can make up hoses for this. You may want to verify all pertaining facts, as this can get costly and also be a pain trying to find on the weekends if needed.

  5. #5shopguy2012-10-22 23:17

    Just so you know (easy fix) can be a very good decoy to hide the big fix.

  6. #6Iron@Dirt2012-10-23 21:45

    Easy fix is right. You can spend a small bundle on hoses to.

  7. #7shopguy2012-10-23 22:15

    :Yea it is allways an o ring ,filter or a hose or somthing just needs adjusting

  8. #8bubbagoat2012-10-24 22:17

    I have a BS3F and a BD2G. Both sit outside at the moment. I've never replaced a hose, but the previous owner of the BS3F replaced 2. He said they were A japaneese thread, and had to have them special made, about $60 each I think he said about 3 years ago. We have replaced the cutting edge and end bits on the BD2G, and all the bottom rollers on the BS3F, and it needs some welding on the bucket, and new teeth. Not that expensive, but you can do a little at a time unless it breaks. Will probably have to do the brake bands, and possibly clutches in the BS3F at some point, but running OK for now.

  9. #9Frank Dodson2012-10-27 21:07

    I have a 1984 BD2F and I have very good luck finding parts at Rhine Equipment. It is a real good dozer.