Dear Friends: I have a D4H XL Series III Dozer weighting 24.000 pounds. I have to reduce the weight till 18.000 pounds aprox, in order to place it over a special boat. I am planning to remove the drawbar, the canopy, the blade and the frame. How much weight could y lose in that move?
not sure what those components weigh each. You may have to get into the undercarriage too (I hope not).
C-frame 957 lbs 2 lift cyls at 101 lbs each 2 angle and a tilt cyl at 84 lbs each blade 1016 lbs ROPS 434 lbs I would guess the draw bar is 200lbs. You can drop the belly pans to save a few hundred pounds plus all the dirt in them. Keep the fuel tank almost empty. I think you will have a hard time getting it to 18000 and still have it movable under its own power.
remove your top rollers, every second grouser plate(or more if required), bonnet and engine side guards, blade and frame, drawbar, belly guards, canopy and rops and radiator guard(and maybe seat) and I would think you would be on the money. good luck! Firetrack