Hello all! I am considering going to look at a 40,000 lb. Hitachi EX 200-2 off of craigslist. It's a 1992, and the plate is visible in one of the pictures, reading: Hitachi MODEL HPV091DW RE23A MFG NO. 07257 Is anyone familiar with these particular machines? Is it one of these "grey" machines? I appreciate any input you've got for this consideration. Thank you! --Joshua
Hi Joshua That model and mfg no. is the details of the hydraulic pump not the machine serial no. Fairly good machine, alot of electrics though.
if you think a 1992 dash 2 model has a lot of electronics... what do you think about something built within the last decade!! Hitachi's in general are pretty good machines, once you get into the newer Zaxis models you get into electronic engines and more electronic controls. You would do well to have someone with excavator experience have a look over it. Buying the wrong one can cost you BIG $$$
I absolutely love my EX200-2. I've had to do a fair amount of work to it but now it's a tough, reliable machine that does everything I ask of it. The electronics can be overwhelming at first but it's actually not too complicated a system... There are many knowledgeable and helpful folks on here and I was able to solve all my issues with their help. Good luck!
Thank you all for your responses! It does have quite a few hours on it (around 13,000), but looks in very good shape and is quite reasonably priced. I certainly will be bringing our local equipment guru with me, and we are going to look at this this Sunday. --Joshua
-2 and -3 hitachi hydraulic pumps are controlled electrically by a pvc controller, angle sensor, 2 pump solenoids, dp sensor, pressure sensor which can be troublesome, where ZAXIS pumps are controlled by hydraulic signal which does NOT give trouble.