trying to find a civil engineering internship... already got 3 years of school and a previous summers public works internships (not just paper pushing and filing, but rather actual work) worth of experience... can anyone list some companies that do work in the san fransisco bay area that I could send my resume to? I figure some you guys could think of a lot of places... Im especially trying to work on a company that does large scale earth moving or heavy hualing/rigging, but anything is fine.
ghillotti, swinerton, kiewit, desilva gates, GSB, american civil constructors, MCM, granite, tichert, mallcraft, hamilton, skanska. Their are more, these just come to mind.
http://www.sandis.net/company/offices.php Sandis... The are a small firm out of Oakland. Just another one to add to your list, my old roommate from Chico works there.
RV Stich, Ryan Engineering, Malcolm Drilling, S&S Trucking, there are two Ghilloti firms, EBI (Evans Brothers), WR Forde etc.
hahaha, I've only sent my resume to about 1/4th of those... wish me luck on the next 3/4, ha! GSB is..? I just looked them up and could not find anything other than a small Canadian business. hamilton..? All I found was a bridge company out of Oregon... I suppose thats not right.
Anymore, anyone?
I think GSB is golden state bridge? and I might be mistaken but I thought Hamilton was out of california, last place I saw them was on 199 around O'brien Or. though. How about J.F Shea or ladd and associates I think they do work in your area.
What about Bechtel? Aren't they based out of SF?
Well I just got an internship with malcolm drilling. past 3 days have been more than interesting to say the least. thanks for the help!
Malcolm Drilling is a bunch of really good guys. What sites are you at and who are you working with? Congratulations on the internship. That is an awesome firm.
There are four ghilottis, ghilotti construction , ghilotti brothers, magoria ghilotti (spelling) and the newest team ghilotti. Try northbay construction
I know that ghilotti brothers was bought out by desilva gates