Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Construction Stop Motion

cat 325ccr ยท 2008-08-16 20:57

Made this a few days ago, hope you guys like it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b9FBcsZUc4

Replies19
  1. #1Iron Horse2008-08-16 21:08

    That does look real. All you need now is a service vehicle working on those boom hoses so he can finish loading .

  2. #2cat 325ccr2008-08-16 21:10

    thanks!, yea there working on it right now!

  3. #3curly2008-08-16 22:54

    Great video, I especially liked how the excavator fell in the hole then got right back to work!

  4. #4cat 325ccr2008-08-16 23:05

    thanks!, we were going to pull it up but to much work

  5. #5[-Agent-]2008-08-17 03:12

    As you commented on mine also, yours is far better, I need to build myself a sand box or something for mine, only problem is then mom would complain about having these "Dirty Machines" in the house. Nice vid

  6. #6cat 325ccr2008-08-17 10:07

    thanks! my dad wont let me bring it back into the house because oh the dust it makes when you breathe it in its not good for you, we brought it to ohio to a model show, those pics were taken in the back of his truck

  7. #7hitch2008-08-21 03:35

    Nice picture! do like a real jobsite.

  8. #8[-Agent-]2008-08-21 03:41

    It can't be as dusty as my room today when we cleaned it and got rid of all my "baby" toys.

  9. #9PETE3792008-08-21 09:40

    Love the Testa decals!....Nice Video

  10. #10ncbschzzt2008-08-21 11:57

    Wow I thought I was bored.

  11. #11oakland2008-08-21 18:54

    i did something like this today its not nearly as long as yours or as well laid out. but it gives my tripod a job. nice vid i really liked it.

  12. #12cat 325ccr2008-08-21 20:32

    thanks guys!

  13. #13Bentworker22008-08-22 01:56

    That is awesome! My two year old daughter and I watched it a few times.

  14. #14cat 325ccr2008-08-22 08:53

    thanks alot for watching!!

  15. #15HvyEqp_Obsessed2008-08-23 00:56

    Excellent job! I've wanted to do something like that with my own diecast models for a while now, but I just can't seem to find enough "dirt" for it. The model railroad ballast that I used as "dirt" covering for my diorama is too expensive to buy in large quantities. I could always get some dirt from the backyard, but then I'd have to break it down, sift it, and bake it (to kill anything living in it) - which might take almost as long as the stop-motion film would take to make. :beatsme At any rate, you have inspired me to revive this once-dead project. I must admit - the idea of using a separate "sandbox" for filming is ingenious - my original thought had been to modify my existing diorama with plexiglass sides and fill it with dirt. I'm curious, cat 325ccr - what kind of camera did you use for this project? Do you have one of those fancy DSLR cameras with at least fifty different lenses or do you use something more along the lines of a Sony Cybershot? How many frames did you end up with in the final compliation?

  16. #16cat 325ccr2008-08-23 13:04

    this one was done with my Canon PowerShot SD1000 but I use a Canon PowerShot SD750 for stop motions to I ended up with like 500 to 600 pictures

  17. #17[-Agent-]2008-08-23 14:23

    What do you edit them in, cause I hate the editing part.

  18. #18cat 325ccr2008-08-23 14:27

    windows movie maker, select all speed up double acouple of times

  19. #19cat 325ccr2008-08-23 14:29

    i made another one heres the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7tHe6NzHvo i will put music in that one later