I'm in need of a replacement Continental F163 gas engine for my Waldon 4000 mini wheel loader. I was told the variation that I'm looking for is the one most commonly found in the old Clark towmotors. Does anyone have or know of any good ones available? Im located in the Cleveland, Oh area. Thanks.
That's the engine that was used in thousands of Lincoln SA200 welding machines. Would that variation work for you?
I'm not sure
Does the Waldon still have the old broken engine in it? Maybe the variations in motors are minor (such as harmonic balancer with pulleys being different) and you could swap out the old parts from the Waldon onto your "new" F163. That was an extremely common motor and there should be quite a few still out there. I'd give you the one from my welding machine, but the darn thing is still welding! - 1959 model
Try Lonestar Forklift in Garland, Texas. They handle alot of used trucks and have a good sized scrap yard they pull parts from. I think the Service Manager there is still Mitch.
I've got one that is on a wide sheave skid power unit. It is in great shape, has been inside it's whole life and was pulled from service about 25 years ago. I'll have to take a look and see if it will fit your application. Let me know if you are still looking. I can get to Erie, Pa in November. PM me your email address and I will get you pictures.
Data plate on engine(if still there) should have a Spec Number on it. If you can get it, list it for us. Then we can refer you to a continental shop that can help you. Lots of old Clarks around Memphis, TN. Can you get a pic of the front end of engine (showing timing gear cover and hyd pump drive location) so we can see how it is configured.
Are you still needing a 163?
Yes, I still need one of these engines.
I'm pretty sure I've got one, its out of a Otis forklift I scrapped. Excellent runner, I was saving it for a spare, but I don't think I will ever end up using it. I'm about 2 hours south of you.
The drive end of the crankshafts on the Continental engines used in the Pipeliners were machined specifically for Lincoln to carry the generator armature.
interesting.....are you sure its an f163 model? I came across several of the smaller ones (f140s I think). How much are you asking and what condition is it in and the best phone number to reach you at? thnx