I work for a municipality with a very diverse fleet of medium/heavy trucks, tractors, excavators, graders, dozer, rollers, wheel loaders, etc. I am one of four mechanics in the fleet maintenance department. The leadership says they want to offer training to their employees, but little has been offered since I've been working there (4 years). I would like to get some ideas of where I could locate some training courses/seminars for our mechanics to periodically keep us "up to date". Specifically, I would love some general training on the tier 4 emissions and SCR systems found on today's heavy duty trucks. If anyone could steer me in the right direction, that'd be great. Thanks.
Hit up your parts suppliers. Many parts suppliers offer short courses. I work in the auto aftermarket and our suppliers offer courses several times a year. Usually after hours but they buy dinner. My company will foot the bill for me so I go to as many as I'm able.
As scott said lots of parts places and dealers have classes they offer. Our local cat dealer offer customers classes for a fee.
Same with nowing75 - Our cat dealer does the same. I'd give that a try.
We did some Napa classes which are very detailed, but are geared towards automotive. I guess I will ask around to some of the vendors.
I would say dealers first. Community colleges are another possibility. CT has a program they call Technology Transfer Center. It's more for the road crew than fleet maintenance, but you can look to see if WI has anything like it
The local NAPA I used to use had air brake seminars at least, some others geared toward class 8 trucks, which was nice.
Vision Hi Tech training in Kansas, I went this year and will be going back next year. It's about $600 for 4 days, you can check out the classes they offered this year here http://visionkc.com/?area=attendee§ion=training Also check with local Dealers, local Freightliner partnered with Cummins to put on a free 2 hour emissions class that I went to last week.
That’s exactly what we need. Good essay writers.
Reminds me of a dictum pronounced regularly by a former work colleague - "You can get further on an inch of bullsh1t than you can on a yard of sandpaper".
It can be expensive for some of the factory training. Its bad enough to try to learn on your own, service manuals are not for poor retired guys, cost way more than in the 90's.