We have a continuous problem getting water in the fuel. The first time it happened we thought it was sabbatoge because it was about 8 gal of water. For the last month we are constantly having to drain or replace the fuel seperator. The unit runs sluggish at times and good at times. Our local dealer says they have run a compression test on the tank and fuel system and everything checks out fine. We installed a locking gas cap as a preventive measure and the problems persisted. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be happening. We have been through 3 tanks of gas from various stations during this process. There is water in the frame under the fuel tank.
Had a T.C.M loader do this. It had a plastic tube on the fuel tank breather that drooped down so that the end lay in water in the frame. When the machine cooled down at the end of the day it would suck water up the tube and into the tank. It took about a year of headscratching to work this out as no=one even knew the breather was there. We cut four inches off the tube and had no more trouble.
For starters, you fuel directly from stations, not bulk tanks, correct. I went around and around with one company with a T190 that would run like crap once a week. We did a fw different things, but always ended up finding plugged fuel filters. They said it could be their tank because they fill all their heavy equipment with it and only their little bobcat has problems. Well after three months, their D9 went down with filter problems. I would check on yours, look at the filler neck close, I have seen them crack where the vent lin connects. I wouls check for any rubs in the the filler hose. I have seen tanks get holes on the top, but they always leaked fuel verse water getting in.
T190 fuel problem I am having the same problem with my machine. Did you find a solution? Joey G
My T190 did the same thing for a couple years, to this day i still don't know what made it stopped acquiring water! I complained to bobcat and everyone that would listen and i was rea assured that it was just an isolated case and not a plague upon the lil critters! Pj
Out comes the engine tandem pump assembly, Out comes the fuel tank, in goes the new tank with no crack in the top, In goes the engine & pump assembly and PRESTO!
ointlaugh