Hey fellers,I hope someone can help me. My question is,how do you change the control pattern on an old 790D. I've done it on other machines by swapping the locations of a couple hoses at the manifold,but not on a 790.Not sure where the manifold is.I have a suspition it might be under the cab,accesible by removing a cover above the track?I guess I really need to know where the manifold is.THANK YOU :drinkup
Let me clarify,by control patterns I mean swithing from ISO to SAE controls.Cat to John Deere I mean.
curb guy, that's a tough one. Unless a member here has experience with that pilot system change, it would be a task for an experienced wrench to figure out which pilot hoses to switch. There is a manifold for the control pilot lines, probably in the compartment behind the operators cab, but I don't know how the lines are identified. One thing is for certain, you would have to switch lines as they are entering the manifold, not after, neither the lines at the main control valve as this affects various pressure switches. The best advice I can give you is talk to your local Deere service dept and hope they have made this control pattern change on this machine, or at least tell you which pilot line connects to which port on the manifold.
I've done it before but am having a hard time remembering..... I believe there is a valve block under the cab. And if I remember correctly I should have a diagram in my truck, I'll try to remember to check in the morning.
Yeah,thats where most of 'em are,I have books on several hoes that I work on that tell you which ports to switch but,I don't know about a 780,never having worked on any.
Great! I just did a 690 E the other day,manifold behind cab.I was just trying to keep from dismantling this machine in the process of locating said manifold.Any help would be much appreciated!
I found my diagram, if you PM me I can send it to you.
Anyone familiar with a case cx210 pattern change valve? I cannot see anything obvious inside the battery compartment where hoses come to a manifold...Thanks!
Can someone please tell me witch four lines to swap to change pattern control on a 790 D John Deere
Can you send me one to. Please
I know this is a old post is there any way someone still has the schematic for this swap on a John Deere 790dlc
Welcome to HEF Somdayfarms . See screenshot below from the 790D Operators manual to switch the control pattern. .
Thank you sir and
Would this work on a 690lc also?
What model 690 ?
690 E
Screenshot below from the 690E Operators manual.